Scratch an itch

The lights look great. Must be pleased.

Mine is a 96 and as I mainly use it for streaming from my Nas, perhaps an upgrade would be a worthwhile idea.

Have to say I miss the “Naim audio” logo found on CB and Olive stuff. Betters the new naim logo for me.

1 Like

Few days in now with the Nait 2 and what a musical foot taping amp this is, sounds superb with the Allaes on the end and UQ2 as source.

Soon to be serviced at Class A then thats me done with box upgrading.

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Apart from the NAPSC or Naim remote controls the Nait 2 is probably the smallest Naim item I have owned but when the music plays its greater than the sum of its parts!!

1 Like

I may well be wrong, but I believe that in the past, when discussing the addition of a Nap 100 to your UQ2, you preferred the bare UQ2. Therefore, does the Nait add something that the Nap does Not?
I am not at all familiar with the CB units, so apologies if it is a daft question. I have a Nap on mine, so hence the thought.

Yeah that’s correct IMHO the 100 adds weight to the sound but also takes the boogie away from the UQ.

The UQ on it’s own is a fantastic amp and mine is a keeper but the Nait 2 is just a better amp, an absolute blast to listen too, highly musical and an excellent sound stage the Allaes just disappear :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks very much, that is interesting and will be something for me to think about. They do also look good together.

1 Like

Did you try the Nait with your beauties in the main system? Brave enough to let your black boxes enter the competition with chrome bumper? :rofl:

1 Like

Maybe one day just worried about the end result :grin:

1 Like

Nait 2 is back from Class A after a full service and is warming up nicely :grinning:

Darran mentioned that the amp was untouched for 32 years!!

4 Likes

Must be a lovely example. Mine has a little dink on the corner of the CB surround. :worried:

Notice any difference/improvement in sound quality? Early days I know…

1 Like

At the moment I’m in the middle of playing Agnes Obel - Citizen of Glass, there seems to be a bit more weight to the sound (a good thing :smile: ) and incredible detail but I guess a few ups and downs over the next few days.

Over the past few weeks of ownership I have warmed to the Nait 2 its a cracking little amp.

1 Like

also the Naim logo is shining bright, Darran replaced the back light.

2 Likes

I remember that to replace the logo light cost £30 when Darran did it some years back on a different CB Nait 2. I imagine the cost has increased some.

Looks lovely.

1 Like

Thanks badlyread. In a couple of weeks I’m moving house and we will be decorating the main living room within a couple of weeks of moving in, the main setup 272/555/300/SL2s and Fraim will be still in their boxes until the room is finished.

The UQ/Nait2 and Allaes will be my temporary setup in the main living room as this can be moved easily, somehow I don’t think I will be disappointed.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.