Script to create standard metadata file from meta.naim?

Even better, it’s in json format; super easy to import in one line of python code. I’m a little surprised it’s not a dot json file, but doesn’t matter.

MP3Tag will happily take the info from the file NAMEs and create tags from it, as I highlighted above.

When I did mine I created tags of my name wavs with MP3Tag which then enabled me to convert them all to FLAC outside of the naim software. Richer information could then be found automatically. But on a basic level there is sufficient information now int he wav for say roon to give you all the info you need.

jq is like sed for JSON data - you can use it to slice and filter and map and transform structured data with the same ease that sed , awk , grep and friends let you play with text.

https://stedolan.github.io/jq/

It’s even easier in python, no extras required.

It appears that SongKong has a solution for what I want to do - i.e., add ID3 Tags to all the Naim-ripped WAV files in my collection using only the content from meta.naim files, including my manual edits.

The required lifetime “SongKong for Melco” lifetime license is UKP 65. I’m not familiar with Melco - it appears to be an audio server - but you don’y have to have the audio server for this tool to work.

Has anyone tried this? I’m interested in your thoughts.

Correction - it’s 65 USD, not UKP.

No experience with SongKong out there? I’m inclined to give it a try.