Second-hand Naim equipment?

Where is the best online place to buy second-hand Naim equipment? What does PFM stand for?

Try searching the forum.

2 Likes

Maybe use a search engine with searches such as

Many of the sites you wish to find have “optimised” their websites for such searches and are easy to find.

Simples
Good luck

2 Likes

Tom Tom Audio come well recommended

7 Likes

I’m not sure if we’re allowed to mention under forum rules but you could search PFM Naim and see where it takes you.

The other suggestions on where to buy will work.

1 Like

Why not just clarify that PFM stand for Pink Fish Media?

PFM is an online site for discussion of - principally - old and new hifi equipment and music, as well as classified listings of items for sale or wanted.

I also recommend James Allney and his TomTom Audio site.

5 Likes

Thanks, Graham.

Lots of reputable sellers use eBay, possibly including dealers near you who have s/h or ex-dem stuff to move, but the lack of a mark-up means you may get better pricing from private sellers on PFM.

Pretty much all my Naim kit was bought s/h.

4 Likes

Similar here. Last ‘new’ purchase was in 2001 - my NAC102, which has long been sold onwards… :open_mouth:

Everything since has been pre-loved, from either Tom Tom or Cymbiosis… :slightly_smiling_face:

Well, I’m from the U.S., and I certainly didn’t know.

2 Likes

Grow up, this is a forum used by folks from all over the world, you could simply have answered the question.

7 Likes

Thank you, Nick.

2 Likes

Lots of dealers have a “used section” Basically Sound, Signals, Cymbiosis etc.
I’ve not had a bad experience buying second hand but if doing larger transactions buying from a dealer adds a layer of peace of mind and ongoing support.

Gary

4 Likes

Sorry guys, especially @Tyendra325 . I’ll delete my post.

5 Likes

Some Forum users might make more use of the Search facility…
Or of Goggle…

But it seems not to be the Modern Way… :thinking:

1 Like

Ian that is true but to the uninitiated and someone overseas PFM will be pretty obscure.

1 Like

TLA’s… Gotta Love Em…! I did learn (from Google) that Pink Fish Media is UK based - but its firmly on the Internet - which knows few boundaries… :thinking:

As always… this is the Interwbz… Another view will be along very shortly… :crazy_face:

OK - so now I know

Pink Fish Media does not appear on the entire first page.

1 Like

Try ‘pfm hifi’. Tis wheely simples.

I’ve good experiences there as well as directly via dealers and other places like eBay

3 Likes

I’ve picked up all my gear on eBay