Second-hand Naim equipment?

Good dealers will have second hand kit and be open to negotiation. Phone around, a lot of kit never hits websites if someone is waiting.

eBay for cables etc., or for kit listed by dealers.

1 Like

@mbear
I was in my dealer this week. Another customer walked in with a stunning looking TD160 super, late 70ā€™ and bought second hand, asking for some work to be done. It really was lovely. I do like the 160ā€™s in the many guises :+1:

Anyway, like you, have Olive boxes. Some of these came from the eBay. And Iā€™m very open to buying and selling pre-loved hifi in different ways. All part of a great hobby.

2 Likes

I have picked up all my gear, new and used, from one dealer and have always felt that the price was right and the service was exceptional. Many items delivered and installed with time provided for questions, answers and discussion.

Life is sweet!

3 Likes

To someā€¦ yesā€¦ :thinking:

Always worth checking Tom Tom Audio

2 Likes

Most of my system was bought second hand or ex demo from a Naim dealerā€¦ I bought my 552DR and 300DR secon hand from Tom Tom who also gave a very reasonable p/ex. In addition to which they know their onions and are good ppeople to deal with!

Tom Tom Audio is about the best Iā€™ve used a bit more pricey but a 12 month guarantee on all purchases and a brilliant trade in program.

Thanks for the apology, but there was no need. I wasnā€™t at all offended.

I have bought and sold through FB groups with no issues.

Hi

Tomtom audio
Lotus hifi
If you go on Naim audio website you can search for stores then go on their pre loved section.

Thanks

Mark

1 Like

Thank you, Mark.

There are some real bargains to be had on PFM but Iā€™ve only bought stuff on a cash on collection basis. eBay auctions are the most convenient though, payment protection and in many cases you are the only bidder for some Naim equipment. I.e A NDS went for Ā£1500 last week. For streamers thought Iā€™d only buy from a dealer with a warranty. Some dealers are much more expensive than others though there are still bargains to be had especially if they invite offers.

2 Likes

Yes, the Thorens TD 160 was a lovely turntable. I bought one as a student in my Oxford days on the proceeds of earnings from holiday jobs. I had a TD160S (which was sold as a base unit without tonearm), with a Mission 774 tonearm and an Ortofon MC20 low output moving coil cartridge.

I bought a Linn LP12 a few years later (from Howard Popeck of Subjective Audio in Camden), when I could afford it, after starting work as a lawyer. I still have that today some 50 years later, although I think that the outer platter and the hinges for the lid are all that is left of the original TT, after so many upgrades and improvements over the years.

I donā€™t know if the TD160 is still being made today. I hope that it is, as it was a beautifully made thing, and a fantastic starter TT. Many users would never feel any need to move on.

2 Likes

A lot of Linn gear is sold via Facebook groups now Not sure whether the same applies to Naim.

That may not reach the widest audience, given how many of us wonā€™t use Facebook and/ or how many over-60s are Naim fans and a bit Luddite about social media, but you may well be right.

3 Likes

You need to be a bit cautious on eBay, but some dealers sell second-hand gear there. Iā€™ve picked up a well-priced XPS that way.

Roger

2 Likes

Lolā€¦I had to google TLAā€¦

Iā€™ve had great experiences buying and selling through Audiogon, Stateside. Thereā€™s a real community feeling to the site - much more of a trusted online environment than Fleabay

Tom Tom Audio!

Acoustica!!

You wont go wrong Buddy!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.