Sellers regrets ..?

Hi Forum

Just out of curiosity.

How many members have owned a piece of Naim equipment, sold it on regretted after, and then purchased exactly the same item again ?

Regards,

Pieman

2 Likes

That would be a silly thing to do, and a good way to throw away money.

1 Like

Not me, I’m very glad to say.

Mrs Ebor would probably (and justifiably) financially disown me if I had.

Mark

Indeed it was. Hicap CB sold as a pair with a 32.5, both recently serviced but I had moved on. Now within 12 months I need a CB hicap to replace an Olive hc that looks out of place.

1 Like

No buy very nearly traded my CDS3 for a NDX2 - phew!

1 Like

Guilty. I sold my Naim DAC thinking I’d be just fine with my Chord Hugo. However, I missed the Naim DAC and so then bought another one.

10 Likes

I sold my old Olive Nait 2 back in 2002 for just ÂŁ100! :sob:

3 Likes

Owned two nDacs and three HiLines over the years.

G

2 Likes

Sold my mint cd5xs. Cant say i have any regrets. All cds were already ripped to nas. And the cdp was played via the ndx2’s dac anyway. So, it was genuinely surplus. But, it’s the only naim kit i have sold.

2 Likes

And more than one 555DR?

2 Likes

Not yet, but then again I have two racks jam packed with boxes. Tempted to get rid of the cds3 but haven’t got round to it just yet. Someone keeps telling me that would a shame given that it was just fixed and the xps2 has just been serviced as well

Eeek, you’re right. 3 and 3 XPS too!

3 HCDRs too. Madness I tell you, madness!

G

1 Like

Careful you maybe as sane as anyone else in here :wink:

2 Likes

Bought a pair of black SBLs when first released and had them for 20 years. Moved them on as I thought I could get something better. Returned to a used mark 2 pair in walnut. Keeping this pair although I’m listening to walnut ibl’s at the moment.

2 Likes

No regrets at the moment but would certainly go back to a SuperNait or NAIT XS series integrated if I had the need to downsize as I age and housing situation changes.

2 Likes

Sold all my Naim equipment (Supernait 1, ND5xs, Cd5si, fraimlite and Allaes) in 2018, bought a cheap Marantz nr1608 surround receiver with 2e hand Focal speakers in 2018 and was quite happy with it, early 2019 bought a Linn majik dsm2 for stereo, bought my first house in oktober 2019, sold the Focals for even cheaper Mission M34 speakers, sold the Linn, bought and sold 2x Naim xs in 2020, tried different speakers like Focal 826, Dali Oberon 5 and 7, Argon…, Kef Q550, kept the Kefs, bought and sold Naim SU in 2021, bought and sold a Nait 5italic in 2022 after that a Nac 112x, Nap150x, ND5xs and CD5italic and sound is excellent with the Kefs. The Q550 maybe replaced by Kef R3, R5 or Naim Ovator S 400.

1 Like

Haven’t sold any AFAICR, probably always envisaged creating a second system.

sold mine for 92 quid, would have been around the same time lol.

1 Like

CDX2 > NDX > CDX2 > NDX - bought then traded in and bought again within an eighteen month period. What a clot I am.

1 Like

I don’t know about the “regret” part, but I owned a 72 and part-exchanged it for a 102, on the assumption that the newer 102 (complete with remote) was automatically better. I didn’t regret the change, but I would say that the 102 was different from the 72, but not necessarily better.

About 18 years later my dealer kindly let me an elderly and unserviced 72 while while my 552 was off getting serviced and DR’d. I liked the 72 so much that I bought it, even though I have no immediate use for it.

I think part of my reason for buying it was to take some pressure off myself in regards to justifying the expense of the 552 - if I ever got to a point where I didn’t think it was earning its keep, I could always replace it with the 72 and free up a wad of cash.

3 Likes