Semantle

Mind-boggling…

I solved Semantle #153 in 81 guesses. My first guess had a similarity of 1.23. My first word in the top 1000 was at guess #32. My penultimate guess had a similarity of 17.31. https://semantle.com/

1 Like

998/1000, the hint gave me 999/1000, the answer ‘huh, didn’t I try that?’, seems not.

Needed help today after getting to 994 :frowning:

I solved Semantle #156 in 46 guesses. My first guess had a similarity of -2.27. My first word in the top 1000 was at guess #6. My penultimate guess had a similarity of 44.98 (951/1000). https://semantle.com/

Yesterday was harder. Needed 6 hints.

Took me 141 guesses and four hints, but I should have managed on 3 hints because the fourth gave me a word 999/1000 that I thought I had already tried!

And today I got the secret word in 96 with one hint, which is one of my better scores. Not sure that I would say I was closer to understanding this game though!

I haven’t got on with this game. I see it uses AI, and can only assume that my brain is wired quite differently than the machine’s, as I really struggle to see how the words relate to the answer!

I got it in 116 today but had to have three hints. It’s an odd game for sure.

I got nowhere and gave up. Sometimes it seems like you start off heading down the wrong path and it’s impossible to get back on the right one. Today was one of those day for me.

1 Like

I mentally think of all the words I know laid out in a 3D space, with the horizontal space being topics and concepts and the vertical space being adjective/noun/verb/opposites.

So I choose somewhere to start, explore it a bit, leap to another space and explore that a bit and so on until I get a tepid or a xxx/1000. Then I try going up. And so on. It’s strangely compelling.

2 Likes

That’s sounds like a very logical approach. I have to admit I haven’t really thought much about tactics but will give your method a go. Thanks.

112 guesses but had to get three hints. My takeaway is that once you are in the top 1000 words, you still have to explore well away from the word you guessed. But the secret word was just an earlier guess but without an s on the end. So trying nouns with and without an s is worthwhile once you are anywhere in the 1000 zone.

I don’t understand what the ??? scoring words are…

Edit It says: Unusual word found! This word is not in the list of “normal” words that we use for the top-1000 list, but it is still similar! (Is it maybe capitalized?) I still don’t really understand…

1 Like

Annoying😂

I solved Semantle #163 in 67 guesses. My first guess had a similarity of 1.16. My first word in the top 1000 was at guess #12. My penultimate guess had a similarity of 24.11.
Used 2 hints though.

46 today on puzzle 164 but two hints and a giant leap from 580/1000 to the secret word.

85, after getting hot at 33 :roll_eyes: with a score of 984/1000. Darn frustrating game.

Well I have just had by far my best game. I got 957/1000 on my tenth guess and 997/1000 on my 11th guess. I guessed the secret word on my 28th guess, with no hints.

2 Likes

Took 119 guesses today with one hint. I got well into the xxx/1000 quite quickly but things slowed down after that and I got stuck at about 980/1000.

Managed it in 72 today with no hints. I did a 9 the other day playing one of the archived games.

1 Like

127 today

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.