Sennheiser hd650 with nait xs + dac v1

Hello friends, I’ am from Chile, and I want to ask if anyone has had experience with the match described above. Thanks

I have the DAC V1 and the Senns but the Drop (previously Massdrop) version designated HD6XX. It is supposed to be the same as the HD650 I believe. The match is excellent, better than the AKG701s that it displaced! Punchy clean/clear sound.
Otherwise I use the V1 (in fixed preamp output modr) via USB input mostly into a DIY setup. In my case I found that the USB source makes a difference!?! I built a high powered server with pointers from the DIY folks at the audiophilestyle forums. Even though DIY it cost a lot more than the V1 itself, but well worth it in my case!
I do not have the experience with the XS amp but if you do a DAC V1 NAIT XS search in these forums you should get some hits? There are people here who might chip in.

ATB.
B.

Thanks Brilliant

1 Like

Hi ctrujillo07, I have Senn’s HD660S, a DAC V1 and a SN2, although I am predominantly listening through my speakers, occasionally for some late night sessions I am using the headphones. If I have to choose between SN2’s and V1’s HP output, I would rather prefer the SN2’s it is more refined, it is better overall.

But in your case I am not sure whether the Nait XS has any role when it comes to headphones, wasn’t the front panel 3.5 jack designed as an input rather than output?

Thanks Realdpg.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.