Serious listening ๐Ÿ‘‚

Yup, falling asleep to loud rock music has been known hereโ€ฆ

G

โ€ฆand who needs room treatment, 'cos if the room ainโ€™t moving, it ainโ€™t being played loud enough (ancient rock proverb!).

3 Likes

I have fallen asleep at gigs (including near front at loud rock gigs), standing up, prevented from falling over by people surrounding me. Shows a) how it is possible to sleep despite loud noise, and b) how boring some support bands have been,

It reminds me a very boring piano concerto in a church. Hopefully the woman playing was so nice and graceful, I could stay awakened.

Finding something a bit silly played at a loud volume for a little while can be useful.
You know, that cd a friend left behind or something given away free from a Sunday newspaper.
Can be a great leveller, as itโ€™s just music at the end of the day no matter how hard itโ€™s listened to.
Indeed you might put the system off if it suspects you are listening to it too hard and serious.

While working from home during this lockdown Iโ€™ve taken to listening to an album between 7 & 8am before I get started. I have the room to myself at that time and tiredness isnโ€™t an issue. Very much enjoyed listening to Joni Mitchell, Blue, a few days back. Got totally drawn in. Normally though itโ€™ll be late evening when the kids and Mrs Marksnaim have gone to bed. Dozing off is a frequent problem though, along with spilling drinks :roll_eyes:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.