Servicing a vintage Rolex

The Mappin & Webb site quotes a service cost of £700.
I know if I send it for service the crystal will be replaced as it has a tiny tiny chip out of the edge at 4 o’clock (can feel it with a nail but can only see it if you get the light just so).
As I’ve said before it’s the dial I want to keep original even if some luminous dots are missing - they haven’t been luminous for years anyway …

I received an Avia Incabloc from my parents for my 18th birthday and although of little financial value that watch means more to me than either of the Rolex I have. I keep it in its box and wind it daily.

1 Like

As long as you tell Mappin and Webb what you want/ don’t want. It should be all good. They will send it to Rolex anyway. You don’t have to get the crystal changed. It is up to you. Again if the dial needs to say, tell them. Rolex are, in my experience, quite reasonable. Problens arise when communication is not clear. Or, a 3rd party has made a few improvements in the past.

1 Like

There are several options in Wilmslow which is not too far when things are open. There is an official Rolex dealer and several independents who will do it in-house. You may bump into a footballer or two as well.

1 Like

I have used Russell talerman an in Maddox street west London for years. Small independent and normally turn stuff round very quick. They always ask what you want done rather than getting your watch factory fresh and giving you a big bill.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.