Setting ND5 X2 with naim

Hello,
I have bought a new naim streamer and i need your help to set it with my nas (qnap).
My previous experience is with the sonos app where i choose the nas and the folder where the music is stored. The sonos app then shows covers, etc
How can i do the same thing with naim? If i can…i was just able to access to my music from naim with the twonky server on nas
Tks

install the naim app and it will show your nas.

1 Like

i did, but i can’t select the folder of my music.
But…is the naim app able to categorize all music inside then NAS

It sounds as though there is an issue with the upnp server on your Qnap. I suggest you install Asset, point it at the music folder and it should work.

The Naim app only sees what the upnp server sends to it but once the upnp server is set up the app will do everything you expect, such as album, artist, genre and lots more besides.

@davidhendon is called for help. or @ChrisSU
Maybe HH is right, however i feel installing a new server is perhaps not the straightforward here.

You can use Twonky as a UPnP server, but Asset is the most popular, especially on a QNAP NAS. It’s a tried and tested combination which is well supported by the developer and there are plenty of people here who I’m sure can help too.
I don’t use QNAP/Asset myself, I think HH is the man to help here.

If you want a simple solution, put your music on a USB drive and connect that directly to the ND5. This will then be found by the built in Naim server.

Blockquote
it sounds as though there is an issue with the upnp server on your Qnap. I suggest you install Asset, point it at the music folder and it should work.

It works!! thanks

1 Like

Hurrah!! I should get commission from dbpoweramp!

I also use a ND5 XS 2 with a QNAP & Asset server, as recommended to me here by HH & trickydickie. It all works an absolute dream and sounds fantastic.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.