Should I be tempted?

You don’t. You just buy it and say “I wanted it. I can afford it. So I bought it”

There seems to be a lot of permission asking on the forum from significant others. Not something I totally grasp to be honest. I guess if people are over extending expenditure whereby it represents the possibility that there may be insufficient funds for necessities (like a cooker) I can see how a prickly conversation might ensue. I like to think members are buying expensive hifi with “disposable income”. Maybe they aren’t and that’s the source of all these SWMBO comments.

3 Likes

Totally agree with feeling zen
I buy what I want …when I want it
My wife does the same

The key factor is…she KNOWS I would not waste money …and have thought long and hard about the decision
I TRUST her to do the same ( though she doesn’t have expensive hobbies like motorcycles and hi-fi …as I do )

You might have a lot more disposable income than I have? This is how it works with us for ‘cheaper’ stuff, but with serious expenditure it’s good to decide together. We’re saving up, might need a new car at some point, do up the patio, and at some point in the future, new floor, kitchen & stairwell. So these expenses do postpone those things/diminish our savings, so it’s good to have a common understanding when spending “seriously”.

P.S. Quite jealous of your location. Will definitely visit again once things are back to normal.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.