Should I have received a 60 day Roon trial?

Am I right in thinking I should have received a 60 day Roon trial with purchase of an Atom?

I’m sure I remember reading that, but did not receive any codes with my Atom…

Mark

Is it not a free Tidal trial that is offered? I seem to recall reading that Naim is also offering a free Qobuz trial. I didn’t think Roon could be integrated into the Atom - and you can have a free Roon trial any time by contacting Roon (assuming you have aporopriate hardware to put it on).

The Atom can be a Roon endpoint, all the new generation boxes are Roon ready. I’m pretty sure you’re right about the trial being Tidal rather than Roon.

I stand corrected. That being the case the OP can avail him/herself of the free trial available from Roon.

Yes, was not expecting the Atom to run Roon itself, just be the Roon Ready endpoint, but thought I had read about extended free trial of Roon with purchase of Naim equipment. Clearly got my wires crossed with the free trial of Tidal. I am a Qobuz subscriber, which sounds great streaming natively through the Atom, but the navigation offered by the Naim app is, well, pretty poor tbh.

Thanks for setting me straight :+1:t2: Not sure 14 days is enough time to assess Roon fully! Will see how I get on…

Mark

1 Like

I noticed when ordering the free albums from QoBuz mentioned elsewhere on the forum that a free 30 day trial to Roon came up so you may be able to find the same.

The people at Roon are good at extending the trial if you ask them nicely.

1 Like

Views on the benefits or otherwise of Roon tend to be quite strongly polarised, so you will probably find it is enough. (And you never know, if not they may let you extend if they sense it may make a positive difference to them…)

Great call, 30 day trial popped up so have taken advantage!

1 Like

I did take a trial out about 18 months ago, more out of curiosity than anything else. At that time I didn’t have an endpoint (other than Airplay to iPad, Apple TV or iPhone) and was also suffering from poor network infrastructure, which has since been improved.

Time for a more serious consideration of it’s capabilities…

Mark

I recently got a Sonic Transporter as a core, Small Green Computer. Comes with a 60 day Roon trial. On it now. I believe Roon’s core products do too.

1 Like

They let me take a second trial, two years after the first.

(Improvements meant I no longer actively hated it, but to me no benefits over my current library/rendering software, so absolutely nothing to justify its cost. I guess it is primarily down to how you like to play music and what interactions you like when doing so,)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.