Show us your Anglepoise

Well, someone had to start it

Here’s ours - this is a late Apex 90 that serves in the study

Elsewhere I have a “variant” which will happily crush the fingers of those who dare to position it

1 Like

Hah!

2 Likes

Either side of the sitting room fireplace in France
My preference is for unrestored early models .

2 Likes

I have three models, all relatively modern, and all serving duty as bedside lamps. One pair has led bulbs that I can’t change, one of the other collapses when ever I turn it on, despite being tightened regularly, and the last is reliable.

1 Like

I have one in my lighting graveyard in the loft, awaiting resurrection when I find the time.

2 Likes

Have you found a modern bulb that is the correct weight to”counterpoise” the springs.I use a compact fluorescent,which seems to be no longer available.The tungsten originals get very hot when on for any length of time.

1 Like

I use some Diall R80 warm LED bulbs from B&Q in my Anglepoise lamps. They give a nice enough light and they seem to be just light enough to hold the arms in place without drooping.

1 Like

Not had one of these since I was a Student. Long time ago.

Here’s my Type 3. It was built differently from the usual Anglepoise. Main differences; the arms are made from solid brass, it has a secondary inner shade made from polished alloy and a few tweaks to the linkage parts. Beautiful design. I use it every day as my desk lamp with a 6500k 12.5w led bulb. It really needs this and has never had a tungsten bulb in due to the heat generated, which could damage the lamp.

1 Like

What’s the story behind this one? Which year is it from?

Fairly modern, got it about 10 years ago I think.

My rather ancient Anglepoises use compact fluorescent bulbs, large quantities supplied free by energy supplier years ago …they do not get hot which means the original rather fragile bakelite Crabtree bulb holders have survived and are

still functioning ok

2 Likes

One of my comfy corners.

1 Like

Good point - I think it has a helix spiral bulb at the moment, which might be too heavy.

90 Mini / 360° rotation at shade + base / USB powered

3 Likes

That’s a neat Solution, what make is it please.

Gary

Doh! moment, you give the make!! I’ll put it down to age…

1 Like

The thread title asked and I answered! :+1:

Thanks,I’ll try one of those.

I have a number although two of the 100w ones that I used over my drawing board are in pieces because the Bakelite lamp socket has failed after all these years. If it isn’t against the forum rules, can anyone point me to where replacements might be found? I have tried Anglepoise and many other so called anglepoise spare sites to no avail. (otherwise I will just have to use my Sapper lamps :sunglasses: )

I use a company called lampspares for parts like this, just add a co and uk for web address

1 Like