Show us your ATCs

Nice with the white speakers!

Very Scandi.

Bruce

2 Likes

They were a good company to deal with, Bruce. The stands are a good choice if you like wood. And they do them with top plates shaped for ATC standmounts, so they have a great look.

Chris

1 Like

Well it seems there are new ATCs inbound… SCM20ASL LIMITED EDITION just announced.

Seems they were already hiding in plain sight in the C4 Sub manual - no reference to Pro model, or the special edition come to that. I would be very interested in a ‘normal’ SCM20ASL.

Would have hoped for a beautiful wood finish and not a 1986 car paint finish. Horrible.

1 Like

Only 10 pairs for the UK, apparently.

1 Like

Im glad its not just me…I’m sure it appeals to somebody. I just have no idea who that might be. :rofl:

1 Like

4 Likes

Had a small issue with my recently acquired SCM20 cabinets and have received outstanding service from HiFI Sound and ATC.

I took the speakers to the factory to replace them today which was offered without any question and was treated to a two hour factory tour with Rich Newman the head of engineering which was frankly amazing. I was expecting a 15 minute job.

The quality of the engineering and the emphasis on quality and innovation just shone through every part of the factory and the fact that everything is manufactured in house is very impressive indeed.

I got to see the special edition SCM20As and they look fantastic and way better than in the photos.

So a massive thank you to ATC and the dealer for exemplary customer service and going way beyond what one could reasonably expect.

14 Likes

Have a look at the Professional section of the ATC web page, you’ll see the SCM20ASL Pro.

But the price they want for the SCM20ASL Limited Edition, I’d be tempted to look at the SCM20ASLT floor stander.

1 Like

what’s really a bit crazy is a price of that sub…

2 Likes

Got these ATC C4mk2 subs. in satin black.

Just finished finding the right spot and setting for them to blend in with my ATCSCM 100ASLT.

Not a powerhouse sub. by any means, just fast, tuneful & accurate subwoofers.

Just the way I like them.

They nicely fill in the missing lower bass that the 100’s were missing, while blending in effortlessly with them.

My only negative is they are on one notch down from the max. volume level, so I don’t think that they would have worked if my room was any larger.

But my room is 8m x 4m with another 3 square meter kitchen area off to the side.

TBH they are only a 12” bass driver in a medium sized sealed cabinet with 300 watts power.

So not exactly REL No. 31 or 32 territory.

8 Likes

My preloved 50ASLTs were cheaper

1 Like

True… Ideally a few more active options in the Entry series would also be tempting and more budget friendly, however seems the smallest amps are the ones in the SCM19A, which would not fit in a smaller cabinet of the 7s / 11s / 19s.

Would require going class D or redesigning the range completely.

But I would estimate a non Special Edition SCM20ASL would be around £7.5k…maybe could stretch to that.

No problem close to wall

8 Likes

Pleased they’ve worked out. The last thing you would expect from a speaker with a 315mm bass driver is a lack of bass. If you can’t physically get, as you have said, the SCM150ASLT into the room, then the C4’s are a manageable solution.

Yes I’ve a very difficult room , bass wise.

I posted on here few weeks ago about that.

The bass was sorted for the 100’s (as much as possible anyway) by a great dealer and his advice that he gave.

I was just missing the last few octaves and/or those octaves that the 100’s didn’t present so well or as impactful as I’d like in my room.

These C4mk2’s have now sorted that issue out, I’m happy now and have fast, punchy, tuneful, and fuller lower bass vs the 100’s alone.

3 Likes

There’s also a 3-way 25A at that price point

Hi @dazjones

That’s correct.

Atom HE does use the same headphone amplifier circuit (developed as a new line/headphone amp for 500 series, using a modified 552) as 222 and 332. However in 222 and 332 the earlier stages are better and the headphone amplifier uses higher quality PSU parts etc.

Overall the 222/332 is a higher quality headphone amplifier than Atom HE. Atom HE is terrific and does have more headphone connection options. It is also smaller for headphone specific setups and perfect for desks.

3 Likes

People are often conflating more headphone connectivity options such as balanced XLR with better headphone amps. But this simply isn’t true as illustrated by the 222 vs Atom HE description.

Better connectivity options privide the icing on the cake for sure. But let’s not forget that even today you can buy a brand new high end dedicated headphone amp for $5k that is single ended only.

3 Likes

Enjoying the lighter nights

16 Likes