“Have you ever been mistaken for a man?”

Vasquez: “No. Have you?”

5 Likes

That’s why my first pair of RM’s are so tatty , they slip on like a glove

Had knackered knees for a few years - boots getting on easy, socks a bu **er

Best wishes

Ian

2 Likes

My Orthotic footwear these help my Diabetic feet problems with regards to pain relief and hopefully preventing any further internal foot structure deterioration.

According to the Podiatry Department these are beyond they’re use by date so booked into the Orthotic Department on the 22nd March to start the procedure for two new pairs.

I always preferred lace up shoes and boots my favourite brand/make were Loakes of Leicestershire all leather they were rather good.

My Loakes footwear were a bit like Triggers Broom soled and heeled on numerous occasions.

2 Likes

Loved my Loakes - wore them for years ‘inspecting my district’ in North London.

1 Like

What an interesting selection. The two on the left look like something you’d wear to a fancy dress party and they all look rather like something a hustler might wear.

Conversely I’ve always hated laces! Unfortunately not always avoidable.

I’ve worn the leftmost pair with a black suit many a time when appearing as an expert witness in court …as you say, fancy dress!

Why is it so hard to find men’s formal shoes in anything other than black or brown, yet women’s come in every colour under the sun? I feel hard done by!

1 Like

I’ve had a few pairs of velcro ‘trainers’, and loved them. I agree some velcro based designs can be hideous, but ut’s not the faukf if thd means if fastening! The last of three different colour Pumas, relegated to dirty work wear been on my feet today, while installing a heat recovery ventilation system in my son’s house:

Just wear women’s shoes. There was an article in the paper a couple of days ago about changing one’s style in one’s 50s, 60s or 70s. One person decided to identify as non binary and now wears women’s clothes as well as men’s.

Well, if I liked them and they fitted I would - and as noted above I did stumble across one style where I did, they did, and very good they are too so I bought other colours whilst still available. But I’m not into women’s styles generally - I just lament the relative lack of imagination and choice in respect of men’s shoes.

1 Like

I guess you don’t think it’s eccentric, but maybe you get a strange look from some strangers from time to time?

1 Like

My Loakes

4 Likes

Up until recently I thought a cross-dresser was an angry piece of furniture

2 Likes

Maybe if they overtly looked like women’s shoes - but boots 3-5 in my pic above worn with trousers non’t look feminine, at least I don’t thinks so.

Regardless, there’s nothing wrong with eccentricity - and I certainly don’t like dressing in a uniform, the same as everyone else. Hence my rejection of blue jeans: it amused me that when I was at school everyone I knew complained about having to wear school uniform, and out of school wore a uniform!

3 Likes

Ah, but we didn’t realise it at the time

Best wishes

Ian

1 Like

All those old shoe shops where the men’s shoes are on one side of the doorway, the entire display looking like a black and white photo of the women’s side.

1 Like

Not mine but…:wink:

8 Likes