Show us your Christmas Trees!

I’d like to give a heartfelt thank you to @Clive for suggesting the ice cube trick. I’d never heard of it but it’s amazing. The odd thing is that the carpet didn’t seem to get very wet at all, despite virtually a whole tray of ice cubes being used. It’s a little miracle.

2 Likes

Amazing to think that someone actually thought of the idea in the first place, would never have crossed my mind in a million years👍

You’re welcome. Now, for my next miracle…

Well, it is nearly Christmas!! If you could manage water into wine, it would be much appreciated.

3 Likes

I’m very experienced at turning wine into water. Never had much success the other way round.

Mark

3 Likes

Unless it’s trapped in the underlay were it’ll turn to mildew, turning the back of your carpet black. Think it’s a great idea and from what you and others have said it works (miraculously). However I’d still be careful to make sure you dry the area properly, water left will damage any carpet/underlay. It may also work if you just spray the area with water.

The reason it works is as the carpet dries it skinks, pulling the backing tighter.

Mine :grin::joy::grin:

:small_blue_diamond:I’m just kidding,.this Christmas-tree stands in the middle of the city,in the square.

/Peder🙂

• Another from our city.

/Peder🙂

1 Like

From Luleå,.northern Sweden.

:small_blue_diamond:Must show you this spring-winter picture.

From my neighbour-town Luleå,.40 km away. This is from the Southern Harbour,.300 meters from the city centre.

/Peder🙂

1 Like

Serving us faithfully since 2005, our terrible, mis-shapen Woolworths fibre optic Christmas tree. So bad we kept it and now we love it! :rofl:

8 Likes

Emsworth once had a thriving oyster industry, until the Dean of Winchester died after eating contaminated Emsworth oysters in 1902. There is still a modest amount of fishing and a few years ago a Christmas tree made from lobster pots was introduced. It sits on the Quay and has become really quite popular.

4 Likes

Nice. Have a look at the Ullapool ‘creel tree’. It’s really beautiful.

G

2 Likes

That’s beautiful, and what a great setting on the shore. It’s very similar to ours but of course bigger. I think this is our third year. Maybe the idea came from ours, though it seems unlikely.

1 Like

Working thru the Indiana Jones movies with our 10 year old son, this week was Last Crusade. Love a film night with the tree up and logs on the fire

5 Likes

Modern metal tree on landing with 1960s Woolies decorations, and a real tree in the lounge downstairs.

2 Likes

Apologies for sideways - have tried rotating original to counter this but that doesn’t work… not had this problem before

2 Likes

There you go.

4 Likes

Ta :sunglasses:

Here’s ours, seems so odd for us with the whole thing based on snow, log fires, eggnogs etc when it’s 40c outside and the kids are in the pool.

3 Likes

Was in the city on Monday, the tree in the Queen Victoria Building is 26m tall and goes through 3 floors. Apparently it’s the tallest Christmas tree in Sydney.

3 Likes