Show us your Christmas Trees!

Keeping the theme alive.

6 Likes

Just arrived today.

Had to back off almost into the next room just to get the whole thing in frame.

Willy.

4 Likes

You might have gathered that I’m not the Christmas spirit yet … in years past, SWMBO has brought along a small tree with roots. I endeavour to kill it each year but it bounces back, until last year when it sprayed silver to deliver festive spirit. This year it has been a prodder for my rotting bin … see below. It won’t be back this Christmas! But who knows what she has install this time?

1 Like

I can confirm this works like magic (although only on high wool content carpets, not synthetics).

7 Likes

Did you get that from your dealer :grin:

2 Likes

Lights serviced at Class A.

1 Like

I put ice cubes all around the ring in the carpet this morning. It doesn’t look very wet, surprisingly. Once it’s dried I’ll get the Sebo out.

Godzilla.

5 Likes

I’m interested in this method but you do need to be careful put too much water on either any woollen carpet or jute type underlays. Synthetic carpet/underlay should be ok however you should try to dry as quickly as possible. Let me know how you go as I often have people ask us how to remove those indentations.

After Mrs Willy had done her stuff…

…and not forgetting “Gabriel”…

Willy.

5 Likes

Did it when we put new sofas in earlier in the year and it worked a treat.

1 Like

I’d like to give a heartfelt thank you to @Clive for suggesting the ice cube trick. I’d never heard of it but it’s amazing. The odd thing is that the carpet didn’t seem to get very wet at all, despite virtually a whole tray of ice cubes being used. It’s a little miracle.

2 Likes

Amazing to think that someone actually thought of the idea in the first place, would never have crossed my mind in a million years👍

You’re welcome. Now, for my next miracle…

Well, it is nearly Christmas!! If you could manage water into wine, it would be much appreciated.

3 Likes

I’m very experienced at turning wine into water. Never had much success the other way round.

Mark

3 Likes

Unless it’s trapped in the underlay were it’ll turn to mildew, turning the back of your carpet black. Think it’s a great idea and from what you and others have said it works (miraculously). However I’d still be careful to make sure you dry the area properly, water left will damage any carpet/underlay. It may also work if you just spray the area with water.

The reason it works is as the carpet dries it skinks, pulling the backing tighter.

Mine :grin::joy::grin:

:small_blue_diamond:I’m just kidding,.this Christmas-tree stands in the middle of the city,in the square.

/Peder🙂

• Another from our city.

/Peder🙂

1 Like