Show us your flowers ๐Ÿ’

We do not have a much of a garden but for once the midsummer roses are in flower on the right time.

6 Likes

8 Likes

The first of the dahlias has flowered in my backyard. This is โ€˜Verroneโ€™s Obsidianโ€™ which overwintered outside in the pot without any problems at all.

4 Likes

My David Austin The Pilgrim climbing rose doing well this year after a heavy prune. All the roses are good this year.

Phil

9 Likes

Clematis Prince George looking good this year. Beautiful textured white blooms.

10 Likes

The petal arrangement is stunning:

Wishing everyone a lovely evening/day :relaxed:

7 Likes

Bought these flowers in Paris over 10 years ago and theyโ€™re still looking just as good today.

4 Likes

How do you get them to change colour like that?

Spin it around. Itโ€™s double sided.

1 Like

Clever.

Heโ€™s quite a well know artist and his stuff sells for 10s of thousands these days. Saw some of his work in San Fransisco a few years ago the large work was on sale for over $100ks. We paid around โ‚ฌ1,500.

2 Likes

A fine allium

being enjoyed by a local resident.

8 Likes

Rosa โ€˜Freddie Mercuryโ€™ - standing out brightly on this cloudy and dark โ€˜summerโ€™ evening.

Goes through a range of colours and is, unsurprisingly, tempermental.
Really doesnโ€™t like shade - just like Freddie!

6 Likes

Is this St. Johnโ€™s wort? Iโ€™ve just found it growing in my garden. I have a tendency to treat plants Iโ€™ve not planted myself as weeds.
Should I do so in this case?

2 Likes

My immediate reaction was hypericum family, but which of 490 varieties?
A quick look rejects Hidcote - petals the wrong shape or perforatum - the leaves donโ€™t have characteristic dots.
As a weed is a plant in the wrong place, do you like it? Are you happy to have that colour and shape in that place?
The wikipedia page is quite comprehensive Hypericum - Wikipedia.

2 Likes

6 Likes

It looks very pollinator friendly and rather pretty .

1 Like

I actually do like it but I understand itโ€™s invasive, also noxious. Noxious in what way though?
A few weeks ago, I took out some creeping buttercups because I read that was invasive. Online though you can find them being sold as plugs for gardens.

1 Like

St Johnโ€™s Wort is used to extract a herbal medicine which is known to be dangerous in some situations, but obviously not all. I wouldnโ€™t grow it if there was a chance of grazing animals eating it, for example. Other than that I would be tempted to keep it. While it can be invasive I havenโ€™t ever seen it get out of control in a garden in the UK.

I love wild flowers in my garden -

good for the pollinators

10 Likes