Show us your flowers 💐

I had a good showing of blooms on my water lilies earlier this summer. It’s the first year I can remember having a decent second bloom though.

At least these won’t need watering during the drought.

8 Likes

Sidalcea (prairie mallow):

Wishing everyone a lovely day/evening :relaxed:

4 Likes

And a nice Cinnabar Moth too! We’ve had so many Cinnabars this year. In fact the butterfly and moth count has been the best I can remember in recent years. We no longer graze the paddocks, and put off cutting them until at least mid september/early october and it makes such a difference.

5 Likes

Even our rather barren North Wales hillside has seen a bit more insect life that usual this year.

6 Likes

Gladiolus from years ago…

3 Likes

Cut flowers for the kitchen…

10 Likes

Just bought this standard rose. From a distance both of us thought it was fake, as it looked so different. Very tricky to capture the colour; I’ve had to adjust it in Photoshop, put it back on my iPhone and take the phone outside to it. It’s dusky pink, blue/lilac. Quite beautiful, but no scent. Apparently it’s from a Dutch grower and simply called Royal Purple. Googling this gives me no results though.

9 Likes

Dahlia time again

7 Likes

Came across another fake looking rose, so bought it too. This is minerva. Again it’s hard to capture the real beauty, but I’ve put it on my iPhone, placed it next to the flower and matched it near perfect. It’s the silvery shimmer of the petals that photos don’t quite capture, but the colour is spot on. Really stunning rose and the scent from this one is beautiful.

7 Likes

Callistemon pink champagne. My favourite bottlebrush.

7 Likes

Bottle brush flowers are so underrated, the pinks are particularly beautiful.

2 Likes

Our patio Rosen before yesterday’s down pour

6 Likes

This is the area surrounding my pond (a snapshot from springtime earlier this year) and it feeds/nourishes a plethora of the local wildlife:

Wishing everyone a lovely weekend :relaxed:

5 Likes

Your pond is so like the comments on Gardeners’ World last night.

Probably the best one I have ever seen

Take care and thank you for sharing

Best wishes

Ian

1 Like

Flower less.

Tried to catch the jewel raindrops in the eschiveras.

2 Likes

Thank you for your kind words. My wife and I spend most of spring, summer and autumn (retreating during winter) in our garden. We love the beauty of flowers, foliage, form/shape and texture: the colours can be breathtakingly spectacular and with much aspiration, we would love to feature on Gardeners’ World. Wishing you a lovely weekend :relaxed:

4 Likes

Thank you

We enjoy your comments , your politeness and your lovely garden

best wishes

Ian

4 Likes

This is Mirabilis jalapa (the marvel of Peru or four o’clock flower):

4 Likes

This is Geranium × oxonianum ‘Wargrave Pink’ (Cranesbill):

6 Likes