Show us your flowers 💐

Really pleased with this Protea cynaroides ‘Little Prince’. It’s a king protea, flowers the same size, but more compact plant and for me more floriferous. I’ve had it for about 4 years and it’s flowered every year and this year it has an amazing 9 flowers; all on a relatively small plant. Superb.

I’ve had another king protea (standard form) for 20 years and its flowered once in the first couple of years and never since. The standard king is longer and more straggly.

7 Likes

Buddleja (butterfly bush):

Wishing everyone a lovely weekend :relaxed:

5 Likes

Every garden should have one. Cut it back in Spring or after flowering in Autumn , superb for bees and butterflies .

And a lovely weekend to you as well

1 Like

The trouble is the seeds go everywhere!

It’s is lovely.

Phil

One of my bucket list desires is to go to South Africa and instead of elephants and leopards , photograph proteas and sunbirds.

2 Likes

This is Helenium autumnale (sneezeweed), the dried leaves were formerly used to make snuff and it was inhaled to cause sneezing that would supposedly rid the body of evil spirits:

Wishing everyone a lovely weekend :relaxed:

3 Likes

And good for pollinators in Autumn

Much to certain people’s disapproval , I have left mint to run rampant @ the back of the house. A combination of laziness and wanting to help pollinators. Been rewarded with masses of flowers over a long time and oodles of bees and a humming bird moth

1 Like

Crocus Archibaldiorum

8 Likes

Winter flowering crocus orphei. Very difficult one to flower properly. It needs sun and a little warmth to open it’s flower. Too cold, which it is at this time of year, or no sun and it won’t open. Too warm and it keels over. Sometimes, I don’t know why I bother, but when it flowers, I do.

8 Likes

Nearly there. It has been so cold that they have been at this stage for a week. Always the first thing to bloom.

Narcissi var unknown.
Been there forever. Very oppressive perfume so they stay where they are.

4 Likes

Bryophyllum aka mother of thousands.

Never had one flower before.

You can see some of the thousands ready to drop and grow in any other pot within 5ft.

4 Likes

Continuing plant tidying. Ready for the Spring.

Echveria var unknown.

Flowers a little nondescript but hey it’s a January flower.

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

Orichidaceae var Lego.

Needs very little feeding or water.

….but will need to be dusted :laughing:

1 Like

I suppose this is slightly off topic but a couple of years ago on this thread, I reported that our next door neighbour’s dog had killed ‘our’ hedgehog late one night and we’ve been without since.

The good news is we have another one, it’s a youngster. Exploring our garden at 2.40 pm, today.

Ahem, those flowers are chives. See back on thread. :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

Bought this last year.
Didn’t actually know what it was, but it’s just come into flower !

2 Likes

Yes we have them and have forgotten their name too.

1 Like

They are very pretty !

1 Like

Google lens says Portugese squill

1 Like