Show us your garden tools

Sandvik secateurs with rotating handle. An expensive purchase many years ago but well worth the outlay as they still work so effortlessly well.

3 Likes

One of a pair of axes that get regular use on rotation by yours truly. The first one has a lovely Georgian axe head still with clearly legible markings. This one is more recent and the head I actually found while walking in a nearby forest. It was buried under a pile of fir needles and looked as though it had been there for some time after the shaft had broken off at the head. I took it home, cleaned it up, sharpened it, and gave it a new shaft. It has been chopping wood ever since. It’s slightly lighter than the Georgian one and it’s not quite as strong when it comes to the need for the sledgehammer, but it’s ideal for clean splitting chestnut, birch, and even oak.

7 Likes

Slightly veering from the garden into the woods.

Perhaps you could start a new thread “Show us your chopper” to avoid any possibility of misunderstanding.

5 Likes

Living within the woods, the garden and wood tend to blur into the same thing…

2 Likes

Ahh… if we’re allowed to stray into the woods …

Gransfors Bruks hatchet. Yes, that blade really is razor sharp …

4 Likes

I think we had that thread on the old forum. I seem to recall advice being given to Eugene about being careful.

1 Like

This is a pair of drop-forged carbon steel secateurs with a nice soft spring action and a simple lock catch at the bottom. The edge has been sharpened with a range of whet stones starting at 300 grit and then progressing through 1000, 3000 and ending on 8000. A leather strop is finally used to leave a lethally sharp edge.

2 Likes

Far too dangerous for my wife, the gardener - she’d lose a finger within minutes!

2 Likes

Here’s my garden “tool”…

As best as I can determine it’s some sort of “high velocity trenching tool”.

Regards,

Willy.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.