Show us your guitars!

Yes, but I thought it rather missed the point of owning a Strat, at least for me. Lovely guitar but no regrets letting it go.

Clapton: blocked trem

Cray: hard tail

There are many other examples…!!

2 Likes

Interesting, being a beginner and owner of a Les Paul I know little about the Strat’s floating bridge and Clapton’s tailbar. Can you explain please.

Thanks

Richard

First thing I did when I got my strat was get rid of that damn tremolo bar and locked the bridge down by adding more springs (via back plate). I think it had two in place and I had all five put in.

A Stratocaster has a floating bridge, that is to say that the bridge is held by springs allowing the tremolo arm to move the bridge up and down for vibrato effects. If you don’t want the bridge to move then you can either lock it down by adding more springs to increase the tension or block it by putting a piece of wood in the spring cavity so that the block which the strings go through (like an LP tailpiece) doesn’t move. Both methods alter the sound and neither sounds exactly like a hardtail bridge but they’re both easily reversible if you decide you do want to use the trem.

Thanks

I have not tried a Tele – but I’ve been meaning to spend a little more time in the local guitar shop and should pick one up.

I imagine I’ll have rather little use for the ‘whammy bar’ and so I can see that a fixed bridge would be a fine idea.

YouTuber just got an EDS1275…!!!

There are some surprising findings. Both good & bad.

1 Like

What the flippin 'eck…?

Fifty Two - 52 - strings.

A buddy of mine had the Epiphone version of this - it was stupid heavy…was around 13/14 lbs.

1 Like

Jimmy Page’s guitar tech said that his worked very well as a radio receiver!

1 Like

New to Naim, new to the forum but like what i hear and see! Guitars are another passion. Have/had a few. I say had because someone decided that they would take them away from me. I got the 335 back from a pawn shop but really miss the LP (chambered one of 200), tele (really nice wood) and SG (what a player). The strat was a recent purchase and I now have a beauty of a R9. Got my eye on a 54 reissue LP goldtop with P90s now.

16 Likes

Here are the others

10 Likes

8 Likes

10 Likes

10 Likes

12 Likes

Really like that top LP. Very nice.

The SG best of the bunch.

Based on the number of ‘likes’ recorded so far, it seems most prefer the ES335, with the ‘burst following in second place. Seems fair to me :wink: