Show us your motorbike

Noticed that the old thread was closed so thought I’d start another one. Was riding the B6255 between Ribblehead and Hawes with my other half when we spotted a photographer on a corner. He was taking pictures of bikes and nice cars. Wish I’d washed mine.

8 Likes

On the Cormet du Roseland June this year :grinning:

8 Likes

Three weeks ago near the top of the Furka Pass :sunglasses:

7 Likes

I did the Furka in 2015. It was one of the most memorable of the dozen or so passes I did that year. Nice one.

2 Likes

Great photo Aston

The trusty Bonneville my wife and I complete the first ‘Great Mile’ rally on back in 2017.

6 Likes

Just like a chrome bumper. Old but really enjoyable.

5 Likes

8 Likes

The Triumphs

6 Likes

Here’s mine, recently finished converting it from an S to a R.

5 Likes

Love the Yoshi can

It’s a Beowulf with a Yoshi sticker, next thing to be changed :joy:

1 Like

I’ve been lucky enough to own quite a few motorcycles in my life but this 1996 MK1a Yamaha xj900 shaft drive oil cooled model is one I’ve owned for nearly five years now and it’s just wonderful.

5 Likes

A lot of fun that keeps you young.
Brought this last year. 2007 K1200S with OEM panniers.
Rocketry comes to mind.:rocket:

6 Likes

Is it a one man job to get it on the trailer safely? I was thinking about a trailer as I want to go back to the Lofoten islands. Trailering the bike across Europe would allow me and the wife to camp rather than stay in hotels. Norway is pretty expensive. £12 a pint in Trondheim last time.

1 Like

Man. That’s a beast if a bike.
What a beauty.

1 Like

£12 a pint! Omg i wouldn’t go back, thats what this over lot here would like to do us, take anything that’s slightly enjoyable tax it to give to the “less than motivated”.

More of a 2 “people” job imo.
Saw this

Motorcycle Hitch Carrier - YouTube

on you tube the other day. It may be something more practical for you.

1 Like

Thanks man. In saying that you would eat it on a track braking and cornering, in a straight line not so much. It’s a shame back in the day BMW betta tested their bike through the unsuspecting public​:face_with_spiral_eyes:, great VFM in this day and age. The fuel economy is worse than my wife’s Toyota echo :joy: it has almost twice the HP of the 1 litre echo.
On a side note embarrassing as it is, im about to buy a gen 4 Toyota Prius PHEV to replace my Nissan 370 GT coupe which was costing far too much coin in fuel monthly.
Ive always thought with vehicles you should look forward to getting in or on them. The k1200s easy every time The Prius well im sure it has enough bells and whistles LCDs in shiny things to keep me interested for a good while not to mention the challenges of echo driving with the score. Got to get 100 out of 100 :flushed: yes that is another one of my issues…

Yes, similar for me.
Used to drive ve a 4.2 quattro V8 but the road tax was 1500 a year and 8 mpg, but a beast.
Also used to have a scoobie with full mapping and pro drive.
Bikes, used to have a R1200 GS and hated it. Like riding a tractor.
The current triumph trident 660 is fine but not hair raising.

1 Like

I Hate you Rooster :smiley: I bought the exact same bike (Grey with the Panniers) new in 2005 Wish I still had it…I only sold it because in some ways it was boring to ride. It is so fast, stable, comfortable and confidence inspiring that anything under Warp Speed was boring! I found myself riding really fast like 130 kph all the time that was its cruising speed !!! Just make sure the recalls have all been done and that the tires are new…