Show us your Neats!

Thought Neat would have been paired with Naim.

From the photo I’m not even sure what amplification they are connected to but the general consensus is that Naim and Neat are a good match

1 Like

Yep naim and Neat, they are a great match Hanumike I can vouch for that

Like you I can’t quite see what that amp is but I do know Bob the owner of Neat does use a few different amps

He is (was) very fond of an Italian integrated one , the name escapes me for the moment , I’ve been trying to track it down here in Australia

Norma revo ipa; that was used in 2020 showcasing the Ekstra.

Yes I can also vouch for the synergy between the two Bevo, I’m running Motive SX 2’s on the end of an XS 2 and they sound great, I’m thinking that a pair of the new Elite Classics on the end of a SN3 might be the end upgrade path for me just need to have a listen to the new speakers at my dealer.

2 Likes

Posted this pic before in another thread, but I haven’t seen any other pics of Elite SX’s, and they do seem to have flown under the radar a bit in terms of reviews. I bought these in 2010 to replace my Keilidhs, and they just sound sublime with the Supernait. My main listening is classical, including organ, and they produce an impressive soundstage whilst doing o good job of disappearing in sonic terms. They’re also happy for the sort of prog and rock I listen to, although they might be lacking a little in attitude for all-out rock fans. I absolutely endorse the Naim/Neat synergy!

16 Likes

I have read that yes, Neat has used Norma amps for demos in the past, but according to The Ear, at the Bristol show this year they were running an “Atoll SDA300 streaming amp.”

Ah yes thanks Robert - Norma

Evidently really good

Cheers

Thanks, I could tell it was a streaming amp as you could see the usb stick in the front. But it just feels wrong to me to walk up to the front and poke about to identify the kit being used! From a distance I couldn’t pick out the brand name.

Stick ‘Master Blaster’ on by Stevie Wonder through a pair of these! Blimey!:flushed::rofl::beer:

Motive SX2 which I’ve owned from new since 2017.

14 Likes

Do your n-SATs know you are cheating on them?

1 Like

I’m really glad I’ve kept my SX2’s. They are such a wonderful and widely fun compact floor-standing speaker. Easy to setup and position. Lovely understated looks, and sound magnificent on the end of a capped SN3 :shushing_face:

6 Likes

They do now. I have put them in the spare room. It’s the first time i’ve tried my SX2s in my main system ever since i purchased the n-SATs back in August 2021. To say i’m overwhelmed with the baby NEATs is an understatement. They are just supremely musical. So much so in fact, that they have me sat here giggling with laughter - the cheek of them. Fantastic! :joy:

6 Likes

Why don’t you hook up your old Olive stuff with the nSats as a secondary system?

1 Like

funny, this is exactly what I thought when I first heard my Iota Alphas.

3 Likes

I’m truly made up. I think i may have found the speakers i was looking for all along. Indeed, i already had them here, but i don’t ever remember them sounding this good in the past. They are absolutely sensational.

This could be down to a combination of things that have been introduced during my journey with n-SATs, whilst my Motive SX2s were in waiting for nearly two years!

1. Went full loom AQ Vodka - this has been nothing short of a revelation.

2. Went full loom PowerLines - fantastic upgrade(s)

3. Changed my ISP modem for a third-party TP-Link AC2100 router and upgraded it with a iFi Elite PSU.

4. Reintroduced the NEAT Motive SX2s just over a week ago - WOW! :rofl::metal:

10 Likes

Mine have settled in beautifully. They were good straight out if the box and have just got better each day.

13 Likes

Neat Motive SX3 speakers in walnut. IsoAcoustics Aperta 155 stands. Witch Hat Phantom speaker cables. Uniti Atom.

19 Likes

How does it sound?

Good.

My previous system, which consisted of a Leben CS300F valve amplifier, Accuphase DP-430 CD player/USB DAC and Audience ClairAudient 1+1 V2+ speakers was probably a little better - but most of that was probably due to the tiny dipole speakers working better in the available space.

The Motive SX3’s have required a lot more ‘tweaking’ to tailor the sound as I like. I don’t like booming bass - so the stands, and some firmer foam port bungs have helped.

I’m fairly limited with space for the system, and don’t want the hi-fi to dominate the room… having said that, I’m eyeing up a SuperNait 3 and ND5 XS2. I think I can conjure up something to locate both where the Atom and the home brew isolation platform are currently placed. Perhaps.

Not for a while though. First need to get an electrician round to install a dedicated line to consumer unit. Was going for a single double socket - might need 2 if I consider SN3 and ND5 XS2 … where would I plug in the Hicap DR…

1 Like