Show us your pets

Not totally sure we got her as a rescue
At 8 months
Some have said wheaten terrier ,
Some cockapoo/ doodle or other mix
Everyone asks , we honestly don’t care
She fits our family just fine :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

She is a great looking dog and I certainly see labradoodle in there. Lot’s of fun for her to be rescued and in your family.

Ziggy is now in Boston. He’s a very tired boy after his trip from Spain. He’s heading home to Vancouver tomorrow!

23 Likes

He’s a well traveled dog. Hopefully he’ll settle into his new home.

2 Likes

Checking in for his flight to Seattle.

17 Likes

Podencos are a bit different, but they’re typically found in the same circumstances, mistreated and abandoned by hunters. At the rescue centre where we first met our boy, about 30% of the dogs were Podencos. Bear in mind that these aren’t “pure-bred” dogs we would understand them to be. All sorts of combinations are possible!

This is a typical Podenco (albeit not typically dressed!)

14 Likes

Yes when I saw the ears I knew I wasn’t looking at a podenco. A woman we meet sometimes on our daily walks has a podenco rescue bitch and she is quite a startling dog to see, very striking. Not at all interested in us, despite my early endeavours (which means I haven’t given up). Totally focussed on hunting, especially rabbits. Her owner devotes a lot of time to her well being.

Anyway I hope it all goes well. Your new dog will arrive with a little bit of unplanned goodwill from the UK.

1 Like

The Podencos come in all sizes. From compact slightly stocky little guys, to lanky, rangy big dudes. The size spread of Galgos is quite a bit tighter. The Podencos are often that brown colour, but also come patchy with white, like a cow. Brindle colours like our boy don’t seem to happen in the Podencos. Either breed has “shaggy” variations which are really fun.

The one we know is a sort of middle-sized rangy, brown and white female. But once seen never forgotten. We don’t know the owner very well yet, so we don’t know whether the name “Baba” that she used is an actual name or a term of affection. I suspect the latter, but nothing would surprise me.

One of our whippets is known affectionately as “Baba”! (His actual name is Tiago)

2 Likes

We have the complexity here that we have a lovely cat called Poppy and the dog we are “borrowing” three times a week for a couple of hours is also called Poppy. So I often find myself absent-mindedly saying Poppy-puss or Poppy-doggy to the wrong species!

20 Likes

We walk with a woman who has two rescue Galgos. They’re friendly, but very free-spirited. No on-command recall at all. They turn back up when they are good and ready.

2 Likes

It’s all good.

So, a bit like Burmese cats then….

2 Likes

Badger in the snow on Friday. His companions refused to pose (mother and son cocker spaniels - red and black but don’t ask why).

19 Likes

Jasmine & Pixie (plus Linn Isobarik under the cover)

21 Likes

Just chillin’.

19 Likes

Obviously kittens grow in two years, but even so, they both used to fit comfortably on the top of the tower…

26 Likes

My heart goes out to you Steve.

East bay beach - badger paddling

21 Likes