Show us your pets

We rehomed a cat previously belonging to a friend’s sister, who was taking a job abroad. This poor puss had lived in a first floor flat all his life (he was about 5 years old). He took to the world inside and outside with gusto after a while. Initially if you tried to pick him up, he used to hook his claws into the carpet, so we developed a sort of forwards and upwards movement that we deployed until he got used to us!

And later we rehomed a puss that had lived in someone’s greenhouse for six months because she had just acquired a second cat that turned out to be a massive bully. He lived under the wardrobe in our spare bedroom for his first couple of days and then escaped out through the cat flap after a week. We were very worried that he had gone, but he came back about an hour later, covered in mud and keen to express his undying love for us.

So these were both inside cats allowed to go in and out whenever they wanted. I never tried it the other way round!

6 Likes

Very sorry to hear. Thank you so much for looking after her over the years. She was very lucky to have you and your neighbour. Please take care. :face_holding_back_tears:

2 Likes

25 Likes

Went to top up my coffee. Was out of the chair less than 30 seconds.

Willy.

26 Likes

I’m amazed by the number of comfy positions Tilly can get into.

18 Likes

Pedro at the window

34 Likes

This is our 5 yoa ragdoll named Jersey. Several years ago she developed asthma and unfortunetly needs predisone daily (nasty steroid, I have had prescribed for myself many times). Weight gain, thirst, aggression. But it keeps severe asthma at bay for now. Not a cuddle kitty but has unique ways of expressing her affection.

29 Likes

Dog - Not in sight as the he is chomping on his treats on this first day of Advent.

14 Likes

Took the effort of getting out the crimbo tree but Disa is far too busy warming her backside to notice it.

26 Likes

Total trust. Ziggy and his best friend, Graffiti.

25 Likes

Why does this pic look familiar? Pixie, post dinner.

( see post 6029, 5993, 5934……)

Edit Monday night: she’s back - no point in posting a pic, see above - and I still cannot reach the bl00dy glass!!! :laughing: :laughing:

24 Likes

“Yes, I was asleep, but I still heard you open the fridge.”

Willy.

26 Likes

Louis and Lazanja. Louis is definitely our last young cat. I’m not the youngest anymore and I can’t cope with it nervously. It’s nice to be able to experience it again, but I’m looking forward to him becoming a big adult cat.

31 Likes

A picture of Louby-Lou painted by my 11 year old Nephew.

34 Likes

Nice….a budding artist👍

1 Like

I hope so. However, I think he has his sights set on being a Major League Baseball player…

2 Likes

22 Likes

Very Mattise like! :heart_eyes:
download-1

10 Likes

Muttise…

12 Likes

Neighbour’s cat seems ever more keen to come and make friends. Hardly malnourished and poorly treated but really wants us to get to know him better….Keeping him out and not encouraging him as Jerry would tear him apart if he knew!

18 Likes