Show us your pets

I think I am a bit put off cos I haven’t seen much of him so when I visit I am the most interesting thing in the world and he won’t let me alone!

1 Like

He’s not really a pet but he did manage to spend a summer in our front garden, much to the postman’s surprise.

6 Likes

no danger?

1 Like

Only if he bites you, it’s a common black snake. Poisonous but not deadly and thankfully not aggressive. We’ve also had a green tree snake in our lounge room lucky they’re nonvenomous.

try to borrow a cat then :smile_cat:to catch it :grin:

No I’d rather the snake, I like cats but they unfortunately take a huge toll on the native wildlife. Also he’s bite could be fatal to a cat or a dog.

2 Likes

which animal can kill a snake ?

Here dogs, cats, kookaburras and other snakes. And of course the most dangerous, man.

1 Like

you said a byte can be fatal for a dog or cat. So i wonder, if i had a garden and wanted to kill a snake, but not personally, which animal could do that safely?

1 Like

None really, more people get bitten trying to kill a snake the best thing to do is leave them be. And there’s a few snakes here that are completely harmless so there’s not need to hurt them. They’ll try and get away from you. But a kookaburra will kill and eat smaller manageable snakes by either beating them against a tree or even dropping them a height.

2 Likes

if you had little children playing in the garden, i think you would have no other choice than killing it.
But i understand, if you can let it live his snake life , it’s better.

1 Like

Yes, true but our kids (well mine anyway) are taught to move away and let them be. There’s room for all. I’d only kill them if there was no other option. We have people (professional snake catchers) that will come a collect them and take them somewhere safer for all.

4 Likes

if i were you i would borrow a crocodile :crocodile: to kill the snake :snake:

2 Likes

Think you might be putting out fire with gasoline :grin:

1 Like

not good for the grass! :fire:

1 Like

As seen on FB

24 Likes

You need a mongoose to kill a snake.

1 Like

Mulan operating in stealth mode - my daughter’s hardened trained killer.

16 Likes

is that a Guinea pig ?

I guess so…

Mo, exactly 9 months difference in these photos taken this week.

21 Likes