Show us your Streaming Network Set-up

L to R above: Virgin Superhub 3 - EE8 - Silent Angel Forester 1 PS - My Book Live NAS

Chord C-Stream Router to EE8 and NAS to EE8. Chord Clearway EE8 to ND555.

G

11 Likes

This is mine.

DG…

4 Likes

Given your style consciousness I’m surprised you don’t hide those horrid little boxes out of sight. It must surely be possible. My nas and switch live in a different room, higher down the side of a sideboard.

I really don’t mind them as objects at all, in the big scheme of things.

G

1 Like

Hi Graham,
what power DC power cable are you using from the Silent Angel Forester 1PS to the EE?

It just seems odd, as your room is so nicely done. We had a Virgin box and it was useless so we had it in modem mode with a decent router attached. The Virgin contract expires this month and I’ll be glad to see the back of them, particularly the battle every 18 months to get the price down to a reasonable level.

The one that was supplied. I was given a free ‘Orange’ one to try but prefer the standard one.

G

1 Like

My EE 8Switch is the only box left with a damn wall wart supply. It looks hideous in the block (embarrassing). Time for a splurge on a new supply. I have a spare Powerline Lite kicking around, that’ll tart the block up a tad as well. Cheers.

1 Like

I use the IFI Power2 power supply on mine, which works well.

DG…

Thanks. I was thinking more on the lines of a MCRU Linear PSU for EE 8Switch with Pure Silver DC Cable, Furutech Rhodium plated IEC inlet, SR Orange fuse, MCRU mains lead…

I was going to post a pic of my network but the wall wart is a little eyesore. I’d rather wait until i can get something a little more substantial on the scene. Set the block off with an incoming Power Haus S6 as well. :fire:

1 Like

The one I had before. Very good :+1:

8 Likes

…Or even another Elite but that is rated at 5V/5A. The EE is rated at 5V/2.5A :thinking:

I keep the routing gear far from the hifi lol. The main virgin hub is in the garage loft.

I’m too embarrassed to show my mess of cables and network switches. :scream:

2 Likes

All switched off as thunder about but innuos zen mini with sbooster lpsu, ee8 switch on tv rack on other side of room . Project stream box ultra into chord Qutest with mcru lpsu , sn3/hcdr

6 Likes

All I can see of my PAN is the BT hub.
NAS, UPS, switch, cables & other stuff is all out of sight.
Neat tidy, dust free & domestic harmony. :+1:

Chord don’t recommend a linear power supply.

This is taken from their website:
“Switches require high speed power supplies so we could not opt for a linear power source due to their speed limitations. We set about improving the power signal by using an extremely high-quality wall supply. This clean supply permits an optimum quality network signal, driven by high-accuracy TCXO clock technology.”

Hence, why I went for an IFI power supply.

DG…

We recently changed to full fibre from Giagclear and can heartily recommend full fibre if you can get it.

DG…

1 Like

I spy a Le Corbusier Chaise!!

1 Like

MCRU can make to order. Just contact them, they respond quickly generally.

1 Like