Show us your tree

This is about as near as I’ll get to hifi festivities :joy:

9 Likes

Sinterklaas has left The Netherlands and now we are awaiting Santa.

15 Likes

A lovely morning glow this morning…coming from the naim boxes!

G

13 Likes

9 Likes

Too early for trees for us, but Stars, that’s another matter.

9 Likes

…tree in the time of Covid!

To be totally honest not a big fan of large Christmas trees. Great during the time when children in the house but over the last 15 years or so we have have normally bought home a small tree. This time the wife picked up a ‘Rosemary’ tree at the grocery store and it will serve multiple purposes. At our age, 69 and 63 we decided we were not going out shopping to one of the tree lots to mingle with people to pick out a tree this year.

I do hope everyone has a happy and safe holiday season!

12 Likes

@Pete_the_painter’s Christmas tree?

20 Likes

Up earlier than usual here too, put up the decorations Dec 1 Tuesday last week partly as distraction therapy for my wife’s cancer op last Wednesday, which thankfully all went well so thank you and very well done to the NHS under current circumstances.
No hi fi in pic as this is in the tv lounge, hi fi is in a separate room (thankfully, means I can escape to it when the all too common stuff I don’t like is put on the tv)

16 Likes

I raise my virtual glass and say ‘cheers’ to your wife and the NHS.

My Son is just finishing his F2 and is now working in A&E at Manchester Royal Infirmary. He also worked for several weeks helping set up the Nightingale in Manchester, which thankfully we haven’t needed to use. We are so proud of him.

We have not been able to see him for months. As my wife is in the Covid vulnerable group and my Son works in A&E, we are not going to be able to see him at Christmas either. Anyway, like most young Doctors, he is working throughout Christmas.

So here is a big thank you from me to all those NHS workers who will be working over the Festive season.

We just can’t be bothered to put a tree and decorations up, not entirely sure why. I am enjoying looking at others’ trees though.

17 Likes

Tree also went up earlier than usual here after everyone decorated the entire street with lights to bring some cheer.

12 Likes

You’ve got ProAcs and the Christmas Tree any chance of a pet and you can do three threads with one photo?

:crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face:

Best wishes

3 Likes

He’s not that compliant!

G

1 Like

I’ve no likes left, but I love that tree. It’s so good to see one the right way up. :rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

Hope your trip to see your friend was good Pete.

Yes, got to see him. He’s a bit better now chemo and radiation is over. He’s not sure how long his got but we’re planning a road trip in February, think it’s good for him to have plans. Thank you for asking.

2 Likes

Have a blast in February Pete. Close friends are priceless.

1 Like

Here’s our tree. It’s too cold in my office so I’ve moved back into the study and using my bureau desk for the winter. Looby-Lou likes it as she can then sit on top of the back of the sofa for a good view of the driveway and within easy reach for me to stroke her from time to time…

25 Likes

Well, it’s the thought that counts :slightly_smiling_face:

10 Likes

Nice Artemide. My office desk lamp. I’ve the floor lamp too but am less convinced by its proportions.

G

Thanks graham, I’m not keen the proportions of the bigger Artemide lamps, however I think angle-poise lamps scale up quite well as floor lamps.

1 Like