Show us your turntable

Such great looking turntable, especially in early form. The SME arm looks really good on it.

1 Like

Thanks, Richard. It works really well too. The M2-9 is a very under-appreciated tonearm.

1 Like

Very pleased with my latest purchase, the Thorens TD124 DD with Hana ML moving coil cart installed. Sits perfectly atop the Fraim. Just played a few discs and sounding very impressive. Thanks to Shaun @ Peak Hifi for setting it all up for me.

32 Likes

An intriguing deck and the first time I’ve seen it pictured outside a professional review or PR photo. There was an Ortofon pickup made to go with it, I’ve used a Royal N for a year or two on a fixed headshell arm and I find it very addictive. An interlude with a DV17D3 (which was an old favourite) while it was rebuilt after I’d skewed the cantilever had me impatient to get it back. Did you compare the headshell/Hana to any of the SPUs?

I didn’t compare the Ortofon SPU with the Hana. I was after the Hana and Shaun @ Peak Hifi had the Hana MLs setup on both the Thorens TD124 DD and the 1600 so I could compare. After listening between them there really was no comparison. The TD124 DD is rather special :slightly_smiling_face:

24 Likes

Palmer 2.5i with Audio Origami PU7.
This combo blows my previous tables out of the water - the difference really is quite stunning. It is a different philosophy completely to both the Rega and the Well Tempered Lab Amadeus. The high mass platter and plinth with the PU7 add more detail to everything - it is effortlessly musical across all genres and a joy to interact with. It was quite a hard decision to go for a table that is no longer produced but having spoken to the manufacturer (Acoustic Signature in Germany) they are happy to provide any support but having said that it is built like a tank and not really much that can go wrong or wear out (touch wood).
I am overjoyed with what is my end game turntable - now its only cartridges to worry about :grin:

59 Likes

That is a magnificent turntable , it’s not often I look on kit on this forum and feel “covetous”

2 Likes

Maybe it has something to do with the fantastic AT-OC9XML you have on the Technics, did you get a chance to try it on the LP12?

That’s a fine looking thing!

1 Like

What an absolutly beautifull turntable - „can´t get my eyes out of it“ :star_struck:

Verry well done and many congrads :ok_hand:
Wich you a lot of intensive and emotional Vinyl-hours with your favorite music.

atb, Tom

1 Like

OK, I have to ask… that row of black-spined albums mid left. What are they…

Have to confess, I love looking at forum members’ album collections in the pics and trying to work out what they are!

2 Likes

Haha yes Im the same. They are most of the Late Night Tales series (still a few early ones missing) . They are great when you want a curated album by the likes of Air, Bonobo, Cinematic Orchestra, Trentemøller etc. You can’t go wrong with most of them but there are a few disappointing ones…
probably available on all streaming platforms if you want to dip your toe in.

4 Likes

Thank you! Me too!

New SME 60 turntable. With improved SME V. The flagship tt from SME.
If it only could be mine ……

20 Likes

Michael Fremer was at the factory tour / launch and there’s quite a long video now on his website - worth watching. There’s some amazing engineering under those four turrets from the clips on the video, the new tonearm looks interesting too. The all black (and brushed silver / black) version looks much better than the black & chrome variant! There’s also a black & blue version…

10 Likes

I read so much good about the Rega turntables here that I also wanted to try it out. My dealer gave me an 8 series with Ania for rehearsal the next days. First impression: great

15 Likes

I see a P8 and another turntable?

ATR 40 based on pro-ject is my TT

Rega Planar 8 is here for testing

I wanted to show you the visual difference

1 Like

thanks - I see now

The white one looks better for me. Very elegant. But I guess the P8 sounds better ?

2 Likes