Show us your turntable

I see a P8 and another turntable?

ATR 40 based on pro-ject is my TT

Rega Planar 8 is here for testing

I wanted to show you the visual difference

1 Like

thanks - I see now

The white one looks better for me. Very elegant. But I guess the P8 sounds better ?

2 Likes

My guess would be more detail but less body but which one will swing more? I donā€™t know Projects very well but the SPU classic NE if well served by the deck and arm might just surprise.

1 Like

A few hours of listening. The rega is clearer and more dynamic. It also draws the room better. Itā€™s a really big difference. The ATR, on the other hand, seems more blurred, but has a good groove partly because of that. My son said that he liked it better with some of his songs. But at some point he switched to the Rega. My wife, who is not really interested in it, listened passively and said there was a world of difference. I should buy the Rega. She has never agreed to something like this so quickly :star_struck:
The question is how does the rega change with the Ania pro? I have the Ania on it right now and would like to buy the pro Version.

Or should I go directly to apheta 3?

4 Likes

Regas are wonderful turntables.

17 Likes

For some, the Ania is not very good, the pro version is much better. You can find some old threads on that . ( ania, sibilanceā€¦).
Take your time to choose the right cart, and not necessary a Rega. But other will not agree.

Unfortunately, I wonā€™t be able to listen to Ania pro and apheta 3. If I take Ania pro, then a sbooster would also be possible directly.

I havenā€™t listened to the Ania but have the Ania Pro on my P8 and can absolutely recommend it.

What is the Sbooster for?

upgrade power supply. Replacement for the power plug.

i use one with the ATR TT and itā€˜s improve the sq

My naim/ Rega dealer also recommended it to me for the Rega. Unfortunately, the volt number differs from the Sbooster I have

Iā€™m loving the Exact 2 on the P9 Iā€™m testing out, and I loved it on my P6. I originally got my P6 with the Ania and hated it. No doubt the Ania Pro is better than both, but the Exact is very good for the money.

1 Like

Sweet looking table and wall mount.

I understand. You have a choice to take.

Rega by Royal Command

8 Likes

Iā€™ve heard a lot of records in the last few days. Conclusion: the Rega is clearer and more dynamic, separates the instruments better, shows more details. With a few shots, the ATR has a better groove. In most recordings, however, the Rega is ahead, although the difference is often small.

I set the ATR for sale and wait a minute. If I get sold, then Iā€™ll take the Rega.

The surprise is then how does Ania and Ania Pro differ?

My Gold Note preamplifier has two inputs, so I could compare well.

4 Likes

Some complained on the sibilance you get from the Ania. Ania pro seems to be easy preferred.

2 Likes

Sounds like you like it and it has passed the domestic harmony test. Decision pretty much made. Youā€™ll regret it if you donā€™t I am sure. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I had the Ania on a demo P6 for about six weeks and it was very good but had nothing to compare it to other than a P3 demo with an Exact cartridge. Ania was streets ahead in terms of everything. When it came to ordering one I went for the Ania Pro as my dealer did a very good deal on the deck so it was silly not to. I think the Ania Pro sounds more open and engaging but not tons in it. Didnā€™t notice any sibilance in the standard Ania. My only concern with the Ania Pro is the cost of replacement which I think is now over Ā£800

3 Likes