Show us your turntable

Ian, yours is the upgraded version with better feet, better tonearm and a better bearing. Not sure, the platter might also be upgraded. Think it was called “cmb”

1 Like

I enjoy both of these turntables equally:

35 Likes

Ceramic-magnetic bearing. That’s what my Ovation has. It’s what allows me to put 2350 gr of spindle and outer ring weight on the platter.

2 Likes

Vertere MG-1 with SG-1 tonearm and Dynavector XX-2 cartridge.
On the shelf below is the Vertere motor controller (silver) and the Moon 320S external power supply (black) for the Moon 310LP phono stage.

27 Likes

Xerxes X, Tabrizi, Audio Technica ART9, Vertere SG-1 MD psu. Straight into my 52 with a Vertere pulse R phono cable.

25 Likes

The one in the Naim system - Linn Axis with Basic arm and Audio Technica cartridge.
StageLine and HiCap.

26 Likes

I wonder with the vinyl revival if Linn have considered bringing back the Axis or at least introducing something a bit more affordable than a LP12?

4 Likes

The vintage one - Pioneer PLC-590 with Pioneer PA-1000 Carbon Fiber tonearm, Pioneer Headshell and Grado. Connected to Pioneer SA-7800 integrated amplifier.

36 Likes

Oh please show us the amp, I love the vintage hifi that appears on the forum from time to time.

The turntable looks superb .

2 Likes

I hope I don’t break some rule with a full Pioneer vintage system, 40 years old. The SA-7800 is in the middle column, the third bottom up.

59 Likes

I was about to ask @IvoB the same

Me likes vintage stuff too…

Thanks @IvoB

3 Likes

No I am sure you appreciate Naim are very generous with their house rules, the big one to avoid is politics.

Sometimes it’s hard not get involved with making political comments when sometimes things like CV19 crop up in Padded Cell

Your system is superb and it is one that many of us would appreciate .

Thank you for showing it , and please re-show it on my system 2020 pics.

Best wishes

4 Likes

Thank you, Ian2001!
Yes, I like a lot my Pioneer system even though that my basic Naim one has a superior sound quality.
The vintage one brings different type of joy.
BR,
Ivo

3 Likes

My

12 Likes

My daughters Record Store Day RP1 special edition. With one of my IBLs keeping it company.

19 Likes

Stock RP3 but funny wide angle shot. Not much else to add really.

10 Likes

Great thread because I’m a life-long vinyl nut and turntable obsessive. I’ve owned, erm, lots!

This one is my end game turntable that has sat pride of place in my main system for the last 6 or so years. TW Acustic Raven AC3 with Graham Phantom and Fidelity Research FR64s tonearms. Lots of cartridges in rotation but commonly Ortofon SPU Royal GM and Clearaudio Accurate at the moment. Phono stage is an Aesthetix Rhea valve jobbie with 3-inputs. I have had this record player loaded up with 4-arms before now, well, because I could! However it became bit hard to explain to visitors so these days I’ve toned it down a bit.

Since beginning to work from home a few years ago I ended up building up an ‘office’ system which is all Naim. I’m trying a few British classic turntables out again and I’m having fun chopping, changing and comparing at the moment. There is 3-motor Voyd that I’m trying to settle on a tonearm for having been through a Helius Orion II, SME V and FR64fx. It’s currently in limbo while I have a Helius Cyalene fitted. Cartridge is variously Shelter 90c or Ortofon Rohmann. Pictured with the FR64fx and Shelter.

I was a Pink Triangle man for many, many years having owned the LPT, Export and Anniversary in succession until the TW Acustic came long. I picked up this lovely early PT1 locally late last year and married it up with the SME V. Lovely pair. Cartridge has settled on the aforementioned Shelter cartridge.

Right now though I’m obsessed with an LP12 again (for the 8th time I think) which is rather good in the Naim system I have to say. Currently with Cirkus, Radikal, Trampolin II and Roksan Nima but evolving rapidly. Ekos next. Cartridge is an Audio Technica AT50ANV which is working beautifully into a Superline/Hicap

There are a couple of Thorens and Lenco’s of various flavours tucked away waiting attention too, just because I love record players and I’d like to own them all.

45 Likes

I traded in a very high spec LP12 against the Raven actually. It’s in another league to be honest.

I’ve owned so many Linn’s of varying flavours including an Aro/Armageddon/Helikon deck and all of them where easily seen off by my Pink Triangle Anniversary/SME IV/Koetsu Rosewood when a back to back comparison was made. The Anni stayed with me as a benchmark for a long time while I tried out all sorts of things. The only one that stood toe to toe with the Anni was a Technics SP10 in an original Obsidian plinth that I got when I lived in Tokyo. That was superb. The Raven/Phantom seriously moved things on for me because it brought the ‘meaty’ PRAT that I always enjoyed from pre-cirkus LP12’s (especially the all-Naim flavour) together with that filigree fine detail, spaciousness and transparency, that sense of ‘a performance’ in the higher frequencies that I got from the Anni with the metronomic timing of the SP10. I like an intimate ‘front row’ performance and I like a soundstage of realistic scale. I don’t like to be in the back row where the performers seem to be hanging there in the soundstage, physically small and separated. It needs to be big, loose and swinging for me.

The Raven is a big ugly thing though and if I was to downsize and settle down, a highish spec LP12 would probably do the trick these days. After all these years, the old fruit box is starting to get there and I applaud Linn for plugging away at it. The newly released bearing will be interesting.

Honestly, I appreciate them them all in their various ways and there is no right or wrong answer on this. Most record players have some kind of special quality to get behind. A well set-up Lenco, for instance, is a very wonderful device. Scrolling through the thread has me ‘liking’ most of them :slight_smile:

7 Likes

My recently aquired P8 Apheta 3 Aria 2. Best turntable I’ve ever owned, all started with a second hand BSR MP60 circa 1971

27 Likes

I’ve always thought there’s minimalist and then there’s Rega. Superb turntables.

3 Likes