Show us your turntable

Cheers @PSAN

Rack

:+1:t5:

Must be me

Maybe the red one has special anti static powers. Itā€™s odd that your deck had the issue and mine doesnā€™t. I remember when I had an LP12 and sometimes the mat would come off with the record and end up on the floor.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve resorted to double sided sticky tape on the LP12 to stop that from happening. Did the same on the P9.

someone has been to Ikea :slight_smile: how many ball bearings do you have in the grooves by the way?

To add to the mystery, my P8 mat never stuck, but the one time I played a record out of the box after switching to the P10, the white mat flew off along with the record. Nearly stopped my heart with the Apheta stylus so close. Never been an issue with the P10 for me otherwise though, as I always RCM and use Nagaoka inner sleeves.

Very well done, love the attention to detail

1 Like

18 Likes

How the PE 110 sounds ? Very nice !

No ball bearings just 14 ceramic balls

Can you explain to me how that works? From looking at the Ikea website thereā€™s a groove, but nothing rotates, right?

Itā€™s the PE-1010 mk2. Itā€™s an amazing TT, sub chassis, synchronous motor, carbon tonearm. Love the look, love the sound, but donā€™t love the QC and service from PE. None of my issues weā€™re with the basic function / sound quality BTW.

ATM I think the 1210GAE is better, but Iā€™ve only had that one for a day, so need to make sure itā€™s not just different. Also, both have different cartridges, JT-1210 vs 2M Bronze, so results might not be reflective of just the table/arm.

1 Like

Hopefully Iā€™m going to borrow a SmarTractor to properly align my cartridge and get the VTA correct. The protractor Rega send out doesnā€™t even have the spindle hole punched out correctly and so itā€™s never going to be exact and this is very important.

I know Roy Gandy who I respect very much says that VTA isnā€™t important but experience tells me different so for my own piece of mind Iā€™d like to get it right.

My reason for buying the P8 and the Hegel is to try and get as neutral a response as possible leaving only the quality of my records as an issue when it comes to SQ so getting an as near as perfect tonearm/cartridge set up is important.

1 Like

Wish I had access to one. Currently using Schoen, which works nicely, but have been thinking of getting a dr. feickert of project align it. Any experience with those?

Lotā€™s of people seem to be liking the MintLP ones as well.

1 Like

You do know a SmarTractor doesnā€™t do VTA I hope. There is the SmartStylus for that, reports on which are mixed so if youā€™re borrowing one of those too a post about its effectiveness would be good to see.
The SmarTractor itself works a treat.

1 Like

I have both, get the SmarTractor.

2 Likes

Walnut plinth with Radikal, Tiger Paw Akula/Khan/Javelin, DV20x2, Ulrika

39 Likes

Iā€™m sure itā€™s the best, but itā€™s also three times the price of the dr.Feickert, four times the Project or Mint, so not sure I can justify it. That money could also buy me a whole bunch of records or could pretty much upgrade my 2M bronze to a black. (Same body, only stylus is different)

Can you explain what if any issue you have with the others?

At the moment Iā€™ve got my grandfatherā€™s old record player, an Aiwa AP-2000. Itā€™s warming the seat for a Vertere MG-1.

I finally got to audition the MG-1 earlier this week, along with the DG-1 Iā€™d already trialled and liked very much. Each was fitted with the same MM cartridge for a fair comparison. The DG-1 is a terrific record player. The MG-1 is just more of the same. Iā€™m going to start with a Lyra Delos cartridge through a Stageline K.

I cannot tell you how excited I am to get it, in one week. @Bluesfan thanks for your recommendation.

Next on the list will be a step up in amplifier, hopefully a 282/200.

14 Likes

May I ask what the unit is?
Both your setups look look lovely :+1: