Show us your turntable

Even nicer than this one, the Torqueo audio?

12 Likes

Snap

I guess taste differs, but I don’t think that looks that nice.

1 Like

A treat to see those boots once again sandy8

Atb
Kk

1 Like

Yours looks very nice and probably one of the nicest in that range of price.
The Torqueo costs 14k. It’s a direct drive.

It’s too blingy for me, I prefer things a bit more low key. Like with the LP12, to me a nice oak plinth is way nicer than the busy woodsong some like. Or walnut veneer for speakers, not my thing either.

The Torqueo looks like a love child of a Clearaudio and the Sl-1200GLD. Dressed by Dan D’Agostino :joy:

2 Likes

I understand. For me it’s wonderful. The bronze platter and the high quality precious metal finish is very appealing. The Clearaudio or technics look more industrial.
But I like too the new high end technics, sp10r.

This mornings winter sun was shining on my Funk Firm LSD. This deck always surprises me how well it produce stunning sounds.

22 Likes

FR…the French are usually so classy when it comes to aesthetics, but this TT…no no no no no no!

3 Likes

I am the only one . But nobody won’t change my mind :laughing:

1 Like

Then I must ask you…are you really French?

1 Like

:joy:. Perhaps more Italian in my soul.
And that one, the Goldinote mediterraneo, from Italy ?

10 Likes

…that’s an improvement…still too much gloss though!

2 Likes

FR, FYI, the UK market for what is called ‘brown furniture’ went in to reverse many years ago. This has echoes of the wood shrouded cassette decks of the 1970s, when brown furniture was still in fashion.

Oh, and the market for shiny copper pans and pots has gone the same way.

I think brass and copper are coming back in fashion with the steampunk aesthetic. I like Icon Audio amplifier looks for example

2 Likes

So shiny copper not to your taste too, if I understand well?

Correct - the TT looks like something retro, designed with the 1970s in mind.

One of those where I’d keep an LP on it all the time!

1 Like

Speaking of french design, here a recent french Neodio origin CD player.
Copper and shiny metal too.

6 Likes

…but elegant!..it’s all about getting the balance right. This seems to be quite simple, no flamboyance… n’est pas?

1 Like

Oh dear, I’m waiting delivery of some Ercol Originals Pebble tables in wood finish…

On the subject of turntables, they are so much prettier than boring black boxes and it’s really nice to see something spinning round.

20 Likes