Show us your turntable

I wonder how they can sell that for 180 k. Incredible.

1 Like

How many have they sold? One? More? Less?

I’d kind of be surprised if it was over five, probably much less.

I wonder how you find and know about these weird bits of HiFi. :thinking:

Anyway, back to the thread title…

Looks like a fairly basic Clearaudio arm, possibly looks a lot better in the flesh?

It would need a helluva lot of space , but I imagine be very, very solid.

Just happens to look very, very ridiculous too.

Sorry, it’s just not for me.

• Two arms can be mounted to the turntable and can be used at the same time.

How does that work then? :thinking:

:man_shrugging:t5:

…presumably you can play LP’s backwards and find out what the Beatles were saying in their secret messaging :+1:

2 Likes

RackKit,
I found another one for you :joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

Is that a car battery in the background?

1 Like

The power supply of the tt. Strong WAF you think?

1 Like

I’m tempted to dig out the picture of the Simon again :slight_smile:

How many different kind of feet did they stack on top of each other?

I also like the horns in the background, together with the TT and its battery the WAF must be through the roof, they will have to fight off wives with a broomstick and pitch fork.

3 Likes

I like the last sentence , “ fight off wives…with a broomstick…”
:joy:

1 Like

The second monstrosity (please forgive my personal feelings) - the one that looks like an electric version of a Chinese pancake steamer - appears to have a wooden tonearm, doesn’t it? That’s novel.

Agree, it looks a little like a turntable, but worse. Much worse.

I agree, it’s a monstrosity. Was fun to share, for curiosity.

It might make an interesting table for a 50s style diner; instead of a juke box remote at one end, it has a turntable in the middle!

1 Like

It looks like a flying saucer, they must pretend the designer was directly inspired by an advanced Alien civilization (some people believe in weirder theories than that)

Claude

2 Likes

In all friendliness, maybe it’s time to revert back to the theme of the thread - show us your turntable - and instead start another thread for showing the amusing monstrosities that also exist. Here are some pictures of mine (turntable, not monstrosity).

28 Likes

Not monstrosity, I agree. But interesting to see another lp12 or rega …? Not sure.

2 Likes