Shuffle Favourites / Play All

I guess I’m not the best person to make suggestions here as I have a solution that works well in the Unitiserve. I sometimes want to add a track to a playlist spontaneously as it plays, which the Naim servers allow you to do very easily, and I certainly wouldn’t want to be mucking around on a PC to manage it all.

Just another thought on this: do you have more than one device that can run the Naim app? You can do a sort of manual backup of your playlists by saving them in two or more devices.

While this thread is still open, I have a playlist I created in the Naim App on a iPad Pro. I can not see this playlist on my iPhone with the Naim app. Is this normal? I seem to recall there being issues b/w some devices.

I have the same issue. If I create a playlist on one it does not show on the other. Not great really.

Regarding the shuffle function, I am staggered that there is no functionality for this. Shuffle is as old as digital music! Apple even made an iPod with shuffle as its name! I have large collections by certain artists and am used to being able to listen to songs from all of their albums in a random shuffle. Naim sell products not just for the HiFi enthusiast so there is no reason to omit what is as normal a feature as the ability to make a playlist! Most people who make a playlist want to have the ability to listen randomly!! At first I thought I was just being daft, how could this not be included!!

Playlists created on the Naim app are stored within the app, so they are unique to the device that runs it. (This is potentially useful if you have multiple users as each person can manage their own playlists individually. Also you can play them on different streamers if you have more than one, which you couldn’t do if they weren’t stored on the app.) You can manually transfer playlists from one device to the other quite easily:
Play the playist. It will then appear as a play queue.
Open the Naim app on your other device. The same play queue will be visible.
Save the queue as a new playlist.

Thanks, saving the playlist once it’s been queued up worked. It’s too bad such a basic think is so complicated to implement.

Asset upnp software effectively gives you this functionality through its Jukebox Track selection. 500 tracks selected at random from your locally stored files. Different 500 each time. 500 tracks is over 24 hours of music - surely enough for anyone!

Right!!! So I posted above wanting a shuffle feature and I got one a couple of days later!!

The annoying thing is that my ND555 all of a sudden and out of the blue plays everything, albums, playlists, favourites etc in a random order. The order makes no sense. Obviously I don’t want to have a permanent shuffle feature and this is a bug!

Hopefully it will be fixed with the update we get this week!

Steve, sorry if this is a different shuffle thing, but have a look at your play queue, if the weird icon below 00.21 in the picture below is bold, you have shuffle on.

1 Like

The shuffle option persists so if you turn it on, it’ll stay on. You need to turn it off and on when required each time. Don’t think this is anything new, and as far as I’m aware doesn’t solve any issue of complete library shuffling.

@Eoink do you deliberately set up your metadata so that you get all this info displayed? It looks somewhat unnecessary (but each to their own).

Hi @GavinB, that is just track number, track, album, with artist underneath. The long album title is the value that dbPoweramp picked up from the online metadata sites, and I decided to stay with it. I don’t normally have such long titles unless I want to identify specific remasters.

@Eoink well that sorted it!! Plus I never knew that was a shuffle feature, its not quite the shuffle I would like but its something!! Thanks a lot!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.