Simply the Best…

Petzl ErgoNomic

The best mixt and ice climbing axe ever!

I aslo own the Nomic and the Ergo. The ErgoNomic is just in the middle. Brilliant!

Petzl Nomic

Petzl Ergo

In Cogne (Italy) with my cherished Ergo in a steep ice climb.
A full week of ice climbing with my wife :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Long ago I climbed for a few days up the waterfalls of Cogne with Petzl picks.

A cold and serious place.

1 Like

I don’t believe such thing exists in audio. The best would be for me a Naim Statement system but with also the characteristics of the best tubes electronics. The best of both worlds. But It doesn’t exist.
I was recently very very impressed by Aries Cerat. But can’t say it’s the best.

2 Likes

Whatever you say, this is the best:

I’m well on my way getting rid of all non Mauviel pans.

1 Like

Now that’s interesting - I do like a pan!

Is that Carbon Steel? …I’ve heard that for some applications - Steak for example - they are amazing. Yours is nicely seasoned I see! …Stainless has the same qualities in terms of high heat - probably higher - but doesn’t become seasoned in the same way.

What is it you love about them?

Hi Matt

I have most of the mcook range which is stainless steel and multiple layers to dissipate the heat equally and fast. The pan on the picture was quite a surprise. It is a normal carbon steel pan indeed and absolutely non stick. Eggs, baked potatoes, vegetables, whatever I put in them is quickly done. These simple pans are so fast, environmentally friendly and likely to last for many years. I have a couple of them, for the price of 26 euros each.

Other non stick pans having Teflon layers should be forbidden. In a few years they are useless and need to be replaced.

1 Like

I’m also a massive fan of Rösle utensils…

Brilliant design, bulletproof build, and have something to do basically everything - so a little addictive as a result.

I think they can probably claim to be “The Best”

(My wife took the photo in an effort to make me stop - which I largely have - but only because I basically have the full range)

The Garlic Press and the Can Opener are both showpieces for the simple old fashioned (over)engineering and quality that’s synonymous.

3 Likes

This is what the thread is for!

How else would I know this?!? :+1:t2::joy::pray:

2 Likes

Aldi Jelly beans. The best.

6 Likes

For me the best jellies are Haribo Lakritzschnecken :yum:

8 Likes

Controversial one that. Even in our house. We keep both HP (my wife) and Stokes (me!) - I find Stokes has a bit more spice, which I like, whereas HP (which I do like very much) is like a comfortable pair of slippers…just SO familiar and nice.

Well, while we’re on the subject of (highly) consumables:
LN_398823_BP_4

Best is subjective, but this is my all- time favourite gin.

And let’s not forget, also by Berry Bros and Rudd:
LN_488320_BP_11

Best choccies EVER!

4 Likes

They 100% are :+1:t2:

2 Likes

5 Likes

Ah yes - that’s absolutely brilliant at getting oily stains off the driveway. Absolutely the best! :+1:t2::joy:

I think Whisky is amongst the most polarising things there is!

The best…the point at which you stop reading hifi reviews and stop spending money! Many aspire, few achieve😁

1 Like

Damn fine chocolates!

1 Like

Emily in Paris?

1 Like