Sir Sean Connery RIP

Interestingly I hadn’t realised until recently that Timothy Dalton was preferred to Roger Moore after Connery left but Dalton didn’t want to be typecast.

1 Like

One of my favorites…

7 Likes

so sad to hear this - such an amazing and charismatic actor.

One of my all time favourite movies still is hunt for red october.

3 Likes

I think I’ll have a “vodka martini, shaken not stirred” today. RIP Mr. Bond.

This was early fun too:

Connery SC

2 Likes

Double ‘oh heaven’

G

3 Likes

…might have been the first movie I had ever seen. If I recall correctly it played at the Music Hall in the South End, Boston neighborhood, which is now the ‘Wang Theater.’ Sean certainly left more of a impact on me in the Bond movies!

RIP Sean and thanks for the memories…

2 Likes

Dalton was second only to Connery…

3 Likes

That’s where Borat’s ideas came from!

1 Like

Watched ‘Hell Drivers’ (1957) yesterday, fabulous film!

Star studded cast too, sadly not many [ if any ] of them around now

Looks like Sean was the last surviving truck driver…
come in Truck 19 your time is up! :slightly_frowning_face:

5 Likes

They don’t make them like that anymore…

4 Likes

My favourite Sean Connery film

2 Likes

OMG, I haven’t seen this before. Wish I could un-see it. Replacing in my mind with this one.

4 Likes

You were a giant on screen for decades. RIP. :bowing_man:

1 Like

I’m happy to see the mention of one singular film «Zardoz» where we could seen how intense he was. I’d like to point out his role in «A fine madness», also In the name of the Rose». There was so much to him than his contributions as «James Bond».

3 Likes

Another favourite Connery film was The Hill. I have the DVD (a US NTSC one) but would jump at the chance to get it again if it came out on Blu-ray.

6 Likes

“Caccia a Ottobre Rosso”,“Il nome della rosa”.RIP legendary Sean.

Not sure if you have an AppleTV but it’s supposedly in HD on iTunes Store. Their video quality has improved significantly over the years, though trailers unless for modern movies are rarely representative of the movie quality itself.

This has to be one of my favourite non-Bond movies:

4 Likes