Slight buzz brand new amp

I can hear a slight buzz from the transformer from my brand new amp. Is this normal or should I send it back? I really have to stick my ear to the case to hear it. Never listened so carefully to the old one, so don‘t know if it was there.

Normal.

Lots to be found on here, on this subject. Search is your friend… :thinking:

Normal if you have a bit of dc offset on the mains. Do a forum search , loads of threads about it

I’d go so far as to say it’d be odd if you didn’t have at least a little bit of buzz from a Naim amp

1 Like

If I had to put my ear very close to the case to hear it…I wouldn’t worry at all.
I can hear my SCDR transformer from about a foot away, a quiet hum, whereas my SC2 is silent. Just one of those things.

Enjoy your new amp!

1 Like

Thank you guys :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If you really want to know, read the thread below, however it may send you down a rabbit hole you’d wish you never started. So if it is not annoying, just enjoy the music

1 Like

As others have said, normal. You have an XS3 I think? Same here, the buzz on mine comes and goes if I listen for it. So I don’t listen for it :smiley:

Enjoy your new amp.

1 Like

Yes. Now after couple of hours of music, it disappeared.
Thank you all :slight_smile:

2 Likes

May come back. Depends on other stuff going on on the mains mostly. No worries as long as it is not annoyingly loud. By the way it’s in the manual:

It may come back. Although with mine I notice that it settles down after they’ve been powered up for a few hours.

My 250DR sometimes used to start to hum for no obvious reason. This was caused by the case resonating, and as it was right next to the sofa I discovered that I could ‘damp’ it by resting a finger on the case for a few seconds, after which near silent operation was resumed.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.