Slow Page loading and being Logged Out of The Forum

Thanks, was getting withdrawal symptoms :joy:

thanks richard - it seems to be fine this morning

:+1:

I experienced the same problem last night. Glad to see things are back to normal this morning.

Thanks for the responsive & helpful feedback @Richard.Dane . Good to be kept in the loop.

Best regards, BF

It went back to normal somewhere between 5 a.m and 6.30 a.m

Glad somebody from Naim got out of bed to fix it.

Only joking, but I would like to say how much this forum has meant to me over Lockdown

2 Likes

Blimey, never experienced withdrawal symptoms before.

That was hell!

1 Like

I dreamt it had been fixed and woke up, so eventually at about 5 am I got up to go and check on my phone, so I could go back to sleep again. The forum was up, but read only still…

Best

David

Yep noticed that it had a server error last night late.

You can thank @Paul, our web developer who spent all last night beavering away to fix the problem.

9 Likes

Thank you @paul

Takes me back to my own days 2 to 3 decades ago as a developer and head of a support team for a system that was rolled out across the UK. Every time there was a failure of any part of our branch WAN network, I or other members of my support team could potentially (and occasionally did) have to report back to base on more than one occasion on the same night in order to get the system up and running again before opening time in the morning. Of course this was before remote resolution from home was a possibility. Luckily, our network guys kept our WAN running pretty well, so being called out twice in a night was very rare.

Hope you get paid well for your overnight support!

I think you may have sent that to the wrong Paul…

Oops!

I just typed in @paul and it defaulted to what you see there. I’ll see if I can change it.

Is this related to the outage or is it a specific Firefox issue ? Had it a few times over the last week using Firefox on Mac OSX. The first time it happened I tried immediately reloading the page in Safari and it was fine

I’ve note seen that before. Have you had it for any other sites?

@stevot stevot Our web developer has recommended you try a clear of your browser cache. Let us know if that helps.

1 Like

Ironically when I tried to relaod this page tonight to see your reply I got that error! Anyhow, I’ve done that, will let you know if it reoccurs but fingers crossed. Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.