Slow Unboxing - Naim solstice

Try Mana acoustics :star_struck:

1 Like

+1
naim got the original idea for the fraim from mana and you have plenty of room for free cable hanging :grinning:

John Waston told me himself Naim swapped a cds1 for a Mana rack. Think John still runs the cds1. He did say he regretted the deal, basically said “go figure”

:joy:

We’ve all been on the wrong side of Halibut at one time, but I wouldn’t change him! :joy::joy:

2 Likes

Not sure I’d agree with that. Naim had Mana at the factory along with a whole raft of others - Base, Hutter, Project, Isoblue, Audiotech, Archidee etc. (and probably of bunch of others I’ve forgotten) some of which are still used in some areas mainly for just holding bits of kit. They all had their strengths and their weaknesses. I’m sure certain elements of each informed Naim’s development of the Fraim, so it would not be correct to just narrow it down to one - I always reckoned that the Fraim was closest to the Base stand in some ways.

4 Likes

A lovely bit of kit, and one to be envied

Maybe he means, Mana being one of the first serious audiophile racks that made a difference. Naim acknowledging this plus others which lead to the invention of Fraim. I always wondered what Naim use to demo gear at audio shows before Fraim was around.

Maybe, but I think we should be acknowledging The Sound Organisation or Target for really starting the audiophile hifi stand ball rolling.

Before Fraim Naim used a number of different stands, from Ikea Lack tables back in the early days through to Armin Hutter’s modular stands.

Anyway, we’re veering a bit off topic here, so out of respect to the OP, probably best get back to the slow reveal of the Solstice…

7 Likes

Totally appreciate your posting! Ignore the heckling from the back….

5 Likes

[quote=“MMky, post:1, topic:18571, full:true”]

There was an ‘old Dawn’?

G

4 Likes

I think she is retired now… :wink:

9 Likes

She was so yesterday morning…

3 Likes

That may be so but I do like seeing pictures of Hi-Fi kit and how their owners set them etc.

Each to their own of course.

Richard

8 Likes

Same could be said of ProAc Tablette 10 Sigs……

18 Likes

Well quite. The difference is that nobody is offering a slow unboxing.

1 Like

But it didn’t happen.

Unboxing NAC S1 should be fun

6 Likes

…. And you didn’t deserve any of that push back from anybody. You were having fun and sharing your enjoyment. Something that is surely what this whole site is all about. Each to their own…

36 Likes

There’s a video on YouTube. “How to set up Naim Solstice turntable “
Detailed process

If that’s viewed more than 500 times we’ve some dedicated Naim fans around.

2 Likes