SN1 vs. MF A308 vs. EC PI-2

These prices are surely too optimistic. One might be lucky 1.8k (usd) for a SN2 is not what I’ve seen here.

How does it sound?

My buddy received picked up an SN2 for $2500 usd. From the sales history I see on hifishark, these prices appear to be within the average at least. There are some fluctuations depending on condition, etc.

The SN1 sounds very good to me so far. It reminds me of the sound of my original XS with flatcap 2 and when I briefly had a 72/140. However the SN1 seems to have a lot more power to drive just about any speaker you throw on it. I’m currently using Vandersteen 2CE Signature II, but I may be selling them for a pair of Revel Performa F30’s.

1 Like

Welcome to the Supernait owners club, happy to read you’re happy with it.
Your Vandersteen 2Ce Signature II’s are an easy load to drive, impedance is between 6 & 8 ohms though most of the audio band.
The Revel F30’s is a little harder drive, but only in comparison. Impedance is around the 4 ohm point in the low to mid ranges & goes higher in the upper frequencies. Its more sensitive than the Vandersteen so will be a little louder at the same volume position

1 Like

Thanks Mike. I’m excited to se how she goes. The only difference between now and when I had my other Naim gear, is that I’m using mogami w3082 for speaker cables and 2549 for interconnects. I’m thinking of trying the witch hat N2 or phantom. However the mogami’s are a very neutral cable and sound great.

Hi again, nothing wrong with Mogami 2549, thats what I have. I made them to shortest possible length = near as possible to zero cable. Actually my objective was lowest possible capacitance. The NDX to SN cable is 28cm with a capacitance of 21pF core to screen.

1 Like

Nope. I paid $2600 cad for my SN2, and that would be about 17 or 1800 in the US.
Btw, when you say here, where is here?
Heck, my NDS was 4500 and that stateside would be about 3500. 1800 for an SN1 is way too much. I was offered an SN1 here for 1200 cad.

On our Audio Mart in Canada, they intitially list an SN2 for around 3200 but they don’t sell for that.
Again mine was 2600 cad and I had ones to choose from. We don’t know where you are located, but if it’s in the States, you overpaid.
This forum isn’t the place to ask. We’re not supposed to talk about this sort of detail.
If you research well, and for a while, and wait a bit, the prices I mention are very real.
But you will love your SN2, it is such a great integrated. So sincere congratulations. The only reason I’m being a bit enthusiastic about the pricing is because you will probably get hooked on the Naim sound/ethos, and will be buying more of their gear; and excellent prices are available.
Cheers.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.