SN2 / HC / NAP300 Connection

I currently have a SN2 powered by a HCDR. I’m looking to get a NAP300DR and use the SN2 as the pre amplifier in the interim.

What cables are required to connect the 300 to the SN & how do I connect it please?

Like this

The two DIN4 to XLR cables to the 300 connect to sockets 2&3 on the Hicap rather than just socket 3 as with the 200 shown.

Hi and happy new year!

Just a general comment really. Others might wish to pitch in but I would be less than convinced good as the SN2 is that using it with a NAP300 would be a balanced set up. Your speakers and source are certainly worthy of a 300 though. Have you listened to SN2/300? Might be worth listening to a 282/250dr bearing in mind you have an HCDR.

Best of luck whatever you decide to do!

Andy

2 Likes

The cables are supplied by Naim with the amp, and are not much use to anyone who doesn’t have a 300, so if buying used you should ask the seller to include them. Otherwise you will end up paying for another pair.

Thank you Chris

I only have an NDX as a source so will replace the SN2 with 282 at a later date. Thanks for the suggestion Andy

Cheers James

No problem mate! My ambition is ultimately to go for a 300DR as well! Unsure whether to go for a 250DR first atm, a possibility of a supercap comes into the equation too. At the moment though my system sounds fantastic - demos are dangerous to the wallet. We just love these black boxes!!

Andy

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.