SN3 hums when turntable is turned on at the socket

Thanks I will.

And… please… report back… Lets learn from this…!!

1 Like

I’ll hook up my Uniti 2 to it tomorrow to see if there are any noise issues there.

OK thanks will give that a try.

See here -

2 Likes

I haven’t tried this yet. Interestingly when I connected the Uniti 2, the buzz disappears completely but reappears if I disconnect It.

I take it you mean you have the Project TT and the Uniti 2 both connected to the SN3 ?

If so, with them all connected, change the ground switch from chassis to floating on the Uniti 2. Does the buzz come back ?

1 Like

Yes with the TT also connected.

Yes it does when on floating but it’s much a quieter buzz.

That makes sense. So just use the system with the Uniti 2 connected and the ground switch set to chassis. If you don’t have the Uniti 2 in the system (or a Naim streamer), then you’ll need the extra ground wire on the SN3.

I think you mentioned previously you were going to use the Uniti 2 for now before changing to a dedicated Naim steamer ?

Yes but not for a while. The vinyl sound is on another level now which what I was I after and it drives my P3ESRs a lot better too. Even the Uniti 2 is sounding better.

Thanks for the advice.

1 Like

Good stuff. Enjoy your new amp :+1:

1 Like

Progress - and more understanding. Welcome to the madness of Turntables… :crazy_face:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.