SN3 Paint Quality

How on earth could grease from fingers make its way inside the box? Maybe it was a tiny aluminium eating alien that took against the Supernait. Maybe it fell in a slurry pit and wasn’t cleaned properly. Maybe maybe maybe.

1 Like

Maybe it was in the FedEx box that Tom Hanks made sure was delivered after the plane crashed and he spent 4 years being a castaway.

1 Like

??? Simple , mucky hands handle box and then handle the equipment inside

Thought that was clear enough

1 Like

There are also grade C units. The serial numbers are updated in the system with a new product number to reflect the regrading; its usually the original finished unit number plus an A, B or C.

Was it a pace frame , I had a frame from them and it did a funny thing with coating on the frame didn’t mind much as it was always coated in mud

Ha no this was a VanMoof bike, here is an impression of the frame, the paintjob looks just like the one Naim uses:

Hi @BX830 . Not sure if you have resolved this yet, but I had a similar problem with brand new out of the box equipment a few years ago (all 3 boxes had the same issue). Spoke to my dealer who had a naim rep with him at the time. Can’t remember what was the cause but he recommended using Astonish glass cleaner and mico fibre cloth to buff the area. Worked a treat and left my units as good as new. Picture shows how they looked before using Astonish (its the same cleaning material Naim recommend for their anodised black boxes). Good luck!

1 Like

Yet another mysterious Naim secret :slight_smile: Do they recommend it via support if one asks?

Has been the recommended cleaner for as long as I can remember, and regularly cited by members on the forum whenever anyone has asked. Naim use with with a medium density foam pad. If you can’t find Astonish then some other glass cleaners may be suitable as a stand-in.

Can a cleaning product break the guarantee of the cleaned product ?

I would guess so. If you decided to clean with something highly abrasive or with a cleaner with an ingredient that attacks the finish then it’s basically on you.

1 Like

Because we never know. It can look clean first but after repetitive cleaning, the processus may deteriorate the item.
It reminds me someone here that cleaned very nicely the REGA RP6. But apparently that product is not good at long term ( silicon…).

I was mainly wondering if I should have seen this somewhere in the manual and missed it, or on the website. I’d think by far not every Naim owner is on the forum

No, it’s not in nay manual, it’s just what Naim use at the factory.

I see, very good to know. It seems that “Astonish” means something quite specific for Brits. For a non-Brit, which Astonish product is it? I think I can rule out Astonish oven cleaner and Astonish tar remover but there seem to be a hundred products on the Astonish website. Anything specific? Thanks

Here you go…

3 Likes

Thank you very much

2 Likes

Thank You for the reply!

I am pretty sure I bought new. I bought from a local dealer and the packages were never opened. How should I tell if units are new or not?

Thank You for the reply!

The wet marks on the boxes are actually from me sanitizing the box :joy:

Thank You for the reply!

Did you mean that grade B units will have “Grade B” printed on the box? I think the boxes I got have nothing written on them except for the serial#.