(SN3 vs Uniti Nova) + Focal Kanta No. 2

Thank you Mike, I did not know that they existed.

Warm regards,

Mitch.

1 Like

G’day PW,

Yes I have to tread carefully to. My better half has put her foot down too.

Warm regards,

Mitch.

G’day Katzky2021

It might pay for me to ask my dealer to keep me posted of any secondhand equipment that comes in.

Warm regards,

Mitch.

I’m only buying used stuff now since these things are well made and unlikely to have significant problems after a couple of years.

2 Likes

Thank you every one. I have slept on it and I think I will purchase a SN3, hopefully secondhand from my dealer. I will give him a ring today and ask him to advise me of any secondhand stock in good condition that might come up from time to time.

Thank you for your responses and patience with myself being tied up in knots over this.

Warm regards,

Mitch.

9 Likes

I have an SN3 with HiCap DR. You’re right; if you don’t hear an SN3 with HCDR, you won’t miss the HiCap. The SN3 is superb all on its own.

5 Likes

Okay if that were the case neither a ND555 or Solstice will be up to the job of fronting a Statement/Grande Utopia. Clearly only an Airforce One would fit the bill, that I would like to hear!

Lindsay, you want to have the last word, me too :joy:
Of course, that « rule » doesn’t always work, specially in the very high end level, where a 100k source can be paired with 50k electronics and 50 k speakers or a 30k source with 100k speakers

So I agree, what I said is not always true.

1 Like

Looks like I may have the last word. My dear wife does not see the logic in upgrading an amplifier or speakers as I already have a one amplifier and a pair of speakers. I could not say no to her and conceded to stay with what I have an am already very much spoilt.

Your posts were not wasted maybe I can purchase a SN3 for a birthday or present or so next year.

Thank you again.

Warm regards,

Mitch.

1 Like

I found this comment in a What Hi review of XS 2 and SN 3, which left me a little confused because I left with the impression they were comparing the XS 3 and not the XS 2.

Quote from Ear online magazine:

“A demonstration of old versus new amplifiers via Focal Sopra No.1 speakers at Audience in Bath revealed the XS3 to have gained a distinctly more substantial bottom end with a more powerful presentation and improved timing, bringing its balance much closer to the Supernait 2. The Supernait 3 is clearly more muscular than its predecessor with stronger image depth and better timing, the latter being largely a result of the extra control in the bass.”

This post was meant for another Topic on Kanta 1 speakers and XS2 Amplifier though for the moment I cannot find it at the moment.

Link

https://the-ear.net/features/naim-nait-xs2-supernait-3-first-impressions

The interesting point of note is that the Kanta 1 has similar though slightly less efficient specifications than the Sopra 1 though both can be driven by an XS amplifier.

Kind regards,

Mitch.

1 Like

As I write this I am listening to my SN3 driving my Kanta 2s at volume in my somewhat large American living room. The SN3 has no problem driving these speakers. And the sound is especially nice on vinyl. No worries whatsoever about this combination. Good luck with your system.

6 Likes

I drive the Kanta 2s with a SN 2 and like you love the combination, in my case using NDX 2 as a source. Very musical and engaging combination in a relatively large space. Lots of system synergy there.

3 Likes

Not sure if Jason Kennedy really heard it, lol. Because on different threads here on SN2 vs SN3, a lot found the contrary, as SN2 having more bass and grip and authority vs the SN3. But the SN3 being more open, detailed, and refined vs the SN2.

2 Likes

I can assure you he did hear it, as I was in the room at the time, when Jason Gould of Naim was doing an extensive demo.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.