Snaic or Fake?

I’m currently looking forward to the delivery of a preloved Superline to try with my 52. In readiness I found a SNAIC from a well known auction site. It was offered as new and at a very good price, possibly too good, which is something I’ve been reflecting on a little since I pressed Go.

The cable arrived very promptly and on the whole it looks genuine, however there is one detail that has raised my suspicions. As far as I can remember all of the naim cables that I’ve had (and the ones I currently have) have always had a slot head screw on the plug. This cable has what looks to be a cross between a torx and slot head.

Has anyone seen this type of screw head on a naim cable before? I realise it’s a bit of a detail and I’m possible worrying unnecessarily, but I’d be grateful to hear from anyone that recognises this screw head…

2 Likes

That’s fine. The later Preh DIN plugs have this type of screw.

2 Likes

Great, thanks James

1 Like

It looks fine - a later example judging by the print on the cable and the screw type.

2 Likes

Thanks Richard.

Glad all is in order and you have what you wanted, but it always pays to check

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.