So it didn't all start with the Acoustic Research turntable then

Ah, would love to own a Goldmund Studio with Koetsu….I once quite bought the Pierre Lurne J1. Similar to the Studio.
But Pierre Lurne stopped the production in 2003.

1 Like

Another turntable for the list should be the Fairchild 412-ED. Late 50s belt drive with electronic motor drive, years before the Linn Valhalla etc!

The Scott 710 had motor isolation and an apparently unique “conical drive” - they look like atompunk sci-fi industrial art but according to a couple of online friends who had them, they were very fidgety to get and keep correct speed. I’d still love to have one :wink:

scott-710

4 Likes

This was the EB 101 I had for a while in the eighties,very good turntable,had it partnered with a QED 240 amp,and Heybrook HB1 speakers,great little system.

1 Like

Was this the same AR company Ed Villchur started? The guy with sealed-box/acoustic suspension speakers? When I grew up the AR 3a was the speaker to own, after quad electrostatics of course. Never heard anything about the TT.

Yes it was. I owned one of these back in the day. I think they were $78, which included the tone arm–and some dealers were tossing in a cartridge.

Same company as these? My first speakers, which I still have:

1 Like

Yes!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.