Sold my CD2X/XPS

@anon6764246 as @IanRobertM says:

1 Like

I think Salisbury are playing this one in a low key… :thinking:

Please - don’t tell anyone else… OK…?

Well they posted it on the public forum in the thread where CDS3 mech changes were discussed :slight_smile:
And I’m sure they are able to determine if a particular unit qualifies.

Or are you hoping that there are still mechs available in the future if yours needs attention? I hope this day never comes!

1 Like

Perhaps CDS owners of all sorts should buy a spare mech now, just to be on the safe side. Oh wait, isn’t that going to make the problem worse?

2 Likes

Resolution Audio Opus 21 is very good and can get them between £800 and £1000

I recommend the Rega Saturn mk 3, which just looks fantastic, and by all accounts is fantastic VFM.

4 Likes

Back in… ages ago… when I auditioned CD players and bought my pre-loved CDX2, the Rega Saturn was another candidate. I actually had a Rega Apollo, so it made sense to listen to the Saturn.

As I recall, the Saturn was fine… but… the CDX2 was … better… IMO… :slightly_smiling_face:

I agree with you Ian, but alas, if the brief is to buy a new CDP that is covered under warranty and can be serviced indefinitely, and the OP presumably only wants to play the oft cd, and doesn’t wish to sink a bunch of funds into the purchase, there are few options better than a shiny new Saturn, which certainly looks the part.

If I was starting from scratch now, I’d certainly give it a demo, and it’s bigger brother Isis too.

But, as you say, I’m feeling pretty lucky sitting with a 2016 CDX2.2, long may it last! :grin:

1 Like

No, I am saying that - now - I think the Saturn is a better - ‘safer’ - bet. So I agree…!!!

My decision was made back in… 2009… when the CDX2 was fully supported still.
(My CDX2 is from 2002, with the original mech - not the later one - but still going…)

1 Like

Hope it gives you many more years Ian! The last thing we need right now - with the World spiraling down the drain - is to lose our beloved CDX2s!

1 Like

Well… currently, Salisbury can again ‘fix’ CDX2 mechs. How much longer… No idea.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.