Solstice Acrylic Dust Cover

Here is an example of a custom Acrylic cover/protector for the Solstice. Personally I don’t like to put a cover on my Solstice but in a home with kids this gives peace of mind.

15 Likes

Thanks for sharing.

Here’s mine:

10 Likes

What happened to the LP12? Is it no longer in the system anymore?

nice! Chris I hear we have a mutual acquaintance (Mike in NYC). Where can I get one of these acrylic covers for my Solstice? Both of these look excellent. Also is there someone who I can commission to make an acrylic box to enclose a small piece of art?

@Bart I saw on another thread (it’s closed so I cannot reply there) that you have an acrylic dust cover for your Solstice. It looks similar to the one Chris is using. How do I get into this secret society of dust cover ownership?

I must be misremembering the design of the Solstice. As shown in your photo, the platter stands proud of the top plate of the deck. I had thought that it was recessed, so that some of the platter was hidden (like an iceberg, if you will). But I must be wrong.

Our boss forum Richard will always re-open a closed thread if you ask him nicely. Just flag any post (any post at all!) and tell him what you want and why.

1 Like

Jared, Small world. Mike was just here in Seattle and I played some tunes for him.

Solstice dust cover: Stereo Squares. He’s made at least 2 for the Solstice. I’m very happy with mine and the cost was reasonable.

1 Like

Comparing these two and being nit-picky, part of me is afraid that those acrylic tabs that rest the cover on the plinth might fail and break off, causing the cover to crash down on tone-arm?

They seem plenty strong to me. That said I would not recommend putting much on top of it, but mostly because it might scratch.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.